• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Archer Decals

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Hi all,:Hiay

I have a lovely set of Archer Transfers for my Sdkfz 7/1 :)

Now I was under the impression that these were dry transfers but reading the instructions they state or recommend, that they should not be applied that way :(

and come with a wet decal transfer sheet,.. :blink

Now I have not done a wet application since my RAF roundels on my Spitfire in 1972 :gogo

Soooooo, do you stick the decals onto the transfer paper and slide it off that or stick em on and cut the paper and slide it off that or ??????????????????????????????????

So please Chaps and Chapesses, help Moi, by giving me any tip and tricks you can think of,...

I would be very grateful

Confused Andrew of Illinois !

Hi all,:Hiay

I have a lovely set of Archer Transfers for my Sdkfz 7/1 :)

Now I was under the impression that these were dry transfers but reading the instructions they state or recommend, that they should not be applied that way :(

and come with a wet decal transfer sheet,.. :blink

Now I have not done a wet application since my RAF roundels on my Spitfire in 1972 :gogo

Soooooo, do you stick the decals onto the transfer paper and slide it off that or stick em on and cut the paper and slide it off that or ??????????????????????????????????

So please Chaps and Chapesses, help Moi, by giving me any tip and tricks you can think of,...

I would be very grateful

Confused Andrew of Illinois !

Not a problem Andy. Its best to cut what you need. Then transfer the marking to the decal sheet as if you where transferring to the vehicle. Now take the decal you just created and slip it in the water. Then transfer over like a regular decal.
http://www.archertransfers.com/PAGE_WetLarge.html

James

Wait, WHY did it state that the dry transfers should not be used that way? Unless the surface is REALLY irregular, they should be fine.

I know several of my sheets come with the "Wet Media Paper" to use as an alternative to dry transfers. I can speak to Woody about that...

Regards,

Actually,.. it does make sense doing it that way due to the tight spot getting the transfers into the round speed dials :blush:

I also like the way that there`s extras just in case of mishaps :blink

Cunningly disguised as extras for another vehicle :D

of course, doughnut boy, here has already glued everything in place,... steering wheel the works !

Wait, WHY did it state that the dry transfers should not be used that way? Unless the surface is REALLY irregular, they should be fine.

I know several of my sheets come with the "Wet Media Paper" to use as an alternative to dry transfers. I can speak to woody about that...

Regards,

I think instrument dials are wet n dry because of the embossed markings. Otherwise dry transfer is better.
James

Hold on a sec. The beauty of the wet method of Woody's is that there is no carrier film like a regular decal. So it just gives you the ability to position the transfer better in areas that would be hard to do dry. In fact I like the wet method better for a lot of applications.

Much success !! (y)

Ok Now I understand about the wet paper it made the transfers go on like a dream and even the slightest adjustments were made very easy :D

I think I may even do more transfers by this method in future.

A :Hiay

Erm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, No ! :eek:hmy:

So concerned about doing it right that when I got underway the camera stayed in its case :S

I will take some pictures at the end as Im so far ahead now with the vehicle pretty much done and its now time for Figures and associated gear :D

SoooWeet ! I'm really getting back into Figure painting ! Roll on Brotha' ! Don't stop for th Paparazzi !

Thanx for Turning Me back on to th Figs ANDY !!!

Have you tried an of the Vallejo Ink Washes ?

SoooWeet ! I'm really getting back into Figure painting ! Roll on Brotha' ! Don't stop for th Paparazzi !

Thanx for Turning Me back on to th Figs ANDY !!!

Have you tried an of the Vallejo Ink Washes ?

Well thank you, although I didnt realize I had but Im glad you are having fun doing them :)!

Ive not tried the Vallejo ones yet but I do use the Reaper washes

Much success !! (y)

Ok Now I understand about the wet paper it made the transfers go on like a dream and even the slightest adjustments were made very easy :D

I think I may even do more transfers by this method in future.

A :Hiay

cool. Glad it worked for you.
James

Back