• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FWD Type B

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
ICM 1/35 scale FWD Type B truck.

full

As I seem to a star at starting something then moving on before finishing, lets start another!
This ICM kit is really well done. I started it and the assembly was going smooth with the only detail I have been adding was some casting texture and wood grain. Since the engine is nice I wanted to show it off some how. I found some Microdesign photo etch out of Russia. So I set it a side until it arrived.

I started with the engine and added casting texture to the block with liquid cement.

full

full

As the liquid cement dried on the engine I assembled the transmission/transfer case. After assembly I added casting texture with thinned 3M putty. Cause you know you have to detail the bottom.

full

full

Then on to the front and rear axles, again casting texture with thinned 3M putty

full

Misc other parts assembled

full

Some shots of the Microdesign PE

full

full

I added wood grain texture with 80 grit sand paper glued to a pop bottle stick

full

full

That's all for now, I've got to get back to my AMS issues

Back