• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ANZAC Model T LCP

jknaus

Administrator
Doing ICMs Australian Model T LCP. Custom mixed the sand colour because the called for one seemed to dark. Trying to decide best way to paint the whiteish tires. Body, Bonnet, and box are just dry fit at the moment. Will need to do some more painting when I get more done.
1917_-_1st_australian_light_car_patrol.jpg
box.jpg
DSC08623.JPG
DSC08624.JPG
DSC08625.JPG
DSC08626.JPG

Ha, Eric and I were talking about those white rubber tires yesterday.

Guess this would be a slightly armored car huh :soldier

Looks excellent James! Nicely done!

I know someone who painted their 'white' tires with a Model Master camouflage grey; then weathered with some tan weathering powders. Seemed to be most effective.

Thanks Mark. Got a little time in this afternoon on the Model T. Its an ANZAC one used by the LCP in Persia. Close to finished but still more work. Used chrome marker for the reflectors and it looked awesome. Made some light bulbs with stretched sprue. Should have taken pics before I put the lenses on. I did the tires in Vallejo Silver Grey 70.883. I think they look okay. The spare I will add a smidge of red to so it has the pinkish tinge.
full

full

full

full

full

full

Comments and critiques welcome.
James

I thought I replied to you Bob. It is awesome stuff, although hard to find.
Well I managed to get a bit more time on the bench. Almost done. Just a few boxes to paint and add and then look for stowage. I want some flimsies for gas oil and water. I think Miniart makes some. I also need to finish the gun and am thinking that I might get the Aber barrel for it maybe. Soo I can gloss coat and add decals and then start weathering. Looking forward to finishing it.
full

full

full

full

James

Need to finish first Bob then wash. Yeah this is a dinky little car. Have another which I will try and pimp up a bit. Next model T though will be a RNAS armoured car and then an ambulance. But first need to finish some other projects.

James

Got my barrels from BNA so cut up the gun on this and fitted the Aber replacement. Its very tight tolerances and I may have screwed up. Will check later. If so need to find another gun somewhere.
full

full

full

Oh also got some Tamiya brown wash and tried it and looks really good. But need to gloss coat this and decal it up before I go any further.
James

Back