• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Anyone built Trumpeter's BR52 with Voyager etch?

Ozzie Jo

My BR52 was almost building itself until I hit a snag with the construction of the steps leading up to the driver's cabin.
No matter what I do ( and options are limited due to predrilled holes in the etch telling you were to attatch things) I can't get the sides of the steps to fit inside the brackets. I have asked 2 other people to see if they can get it all to fit but no luck... I feel a bit better it is not just me. B)

I would really appreciate if anyone who has built this monster could go back to their Voyager instructions and look up the part of the drivers cabin steps...where the step sub assembly is connected to part M 15/16 of the cabin, and tell me how they did it.

Am I doing it all wrong? IS it a flaw in the Voyager stuff and I need to nip and tuck it all?It would be a good 2mm almost I would need to trim from each step and I think it would look too narrow and all wrong. Can't widen the brackets as there is nowhere to widen them to even if I drilled more holes.

I don't want to scratch anything and make undoable alterations to the etch parts if I am wrong.
Hopefully this is a case of not being able to see the forest for the trees after thinking about it too long.

Well Jo , I am not sure but I think Bob Letterman may have or Per Olav , possibly PM them ;) . I hope they can help you :)

Jenny :kiss:

ian (brokeneagle) has built one! :)

in any case do not install the third front- and taillight since that is postwar bundesbahn configuration! the drg used only two of them!

Thanks for the tip concerning the lights. I was not aware of that fact . Thankfully they are built but not installed.I am pretty sure I haven't done the third anyway as yet.
I am kicking myself for not thinking of PMing Bob as it was his BR52 that found me at T&T in the first place.

Back