• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another iron in the fire

Paulw

With six kits still sitting in the closet awaiting finishing I figured why not start another one?
The 1/32 Academy F-18C may be the kit that will get me to finish a jet of some sort, I haven't finished one since I did that HK Gloster Meteor. That was a couple of years back.

Any way, I started it out by doing the pit. It is a pretty simple affair with some faint details on the IP and side panels. The seat is the Wolfpack NACES.

I think I should do some different color on the belts for a bit of contrast.

I did have to sand down the lower sides so it would fit better in the tub.

With all of this going on, I did have some help. My little dude, Gibson. Here he is in attack mode.

I also got to the nose gear well. I mad a wash of Vallejo dark gray pigment and Hombrol decal fix. I learned this technique from an armor builder in the club. If you use the decal fix as a carrier for the pigment you can use a clear coat and not lose the effect.

Thanks a bunch fellas. I have some damaged parts and will have to see if I can get replacements from MRC. I am so unlucky with Jets it is scary.

Back