• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Announcing the Tom Wesendorf Memorial Aerodrome

What a great guy Tom was. Always wanted to help if he could and a great sense of humor. I would have liked to know him
in the flesh and hoisted a pint or two. Very nice tribute to a great guy. Joe

Hi my name is Don Czech and I was a close friend of Tom's here in Ft Myers. He was along with myself and Bob Shaw and Bob Busby one of the four founding members of the Caloosa Plastic Modelers Society. Tom was a great armor builder and willing to share ideas and techie info with all of us. Some of his suggestions were right out there, ut you know what? The worked really good i.e mixing future with simple green to make your model really shine. Who would have thought, but Tom put out a convincing argument for it, I tried it on a special project that called for a really shinney aircraft finish and it worked like a charm. Another time when we were weathering a submarine for the VFW here locally he advised on the oil drop tech for blending colors together to get that down and dirty look. Tom is sorly missed here by all of us who were graced with his presence. I hope that he has an unending supply of models/glue/paint and all the room he needs to make the really big one..
Respectfully
Don Czech

Thanks so very much for the info ! Never met him and joined here too late to converse with him. But I have great stories about the man. So once again, Thanks. Also sorry for your loss.....Harv

Hi my name is Don Czech and I was a close friend of Tom's here in Ft Myers. He was along with myself and Bob Shaw and Bob Busby one of the four founding members of the Caloosa Plastic Modelers Society. Tom was a great armor builder and willing to share ideas and techie info with all of us. Some of his suggestions were right out there, ut you know what? The worked really good i.e mixing future with simple green to make your model really shine. Who would have thought, but Tom put out a convincing argument for it, I tried it on a special project that called for a really shinney aircraft finish and it worked like a charm. Another time when we were weathering a submarine for the VFW here locally he advised on the oil drop tech for blending colors together to get that down and dirty look. Tom is sorly missed here by all of us who were graced with his presence. I hope that he has an unending supply of models/glue/paint and all the room he needs to make the really big one..
Respectfully
Don Czech

Hey Don, sorry to have missed this when you posted.

Thank you for sharing these stories, Yes Tom is missed, we appreciate you taking time to share with us.

To Tom! :drinks

Sir, with all possible sympathy & respect, I feel for your loss. Recently several Model Mentors have caught their "Train up to Heaven" here, and Chuck & Tom will be most reverently missed. What the IPMS Plastic Surgeons endeavor for is to spend as much time as possible with our more "experienced" members, learn their techniques (truly just to hang out and share the fun of what our hobby can be), then to honor them at our contests. I truly feel your pain. This Life is a finite affair. Don't miss a chance to learn something, or share your knowledge. Noe of us gets out of this life alive. At the end of your days, all U have left is your Story. Make it a good one!!
For myself, I just do what I can, for the Sweethearts of my friends that have gone B4.
I pray it was enough.

Back