• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

An old old dog finally gets his paint.

G Cooper

I just put some paint on this old shelf queen that has been sitting around for over a year in a plain coat of Tamiya spray paint. I was running an experiment on the Spitfire Vb that I am doing in the "Others" thread right below this one, by trying to do the pre-shade technique on it. Like happens quite often, when I was finished with the Spitfire, I still had a lot of paint left in the paint cup. And I hate just throwing paint away, so I looked around the room real quick to see if I could find anything that needed a coat of black paint, and I saw this sitting behind the cobwebs (I aint never seen one of these cobs, but they leave there webs all over the place). So I decided to pull it down, dust it off real quick and put some more experimental pre-shade work on this while I had the airbrush all fired up and ready to go with some color in the cup. This is the result of my continuing experiment.

004_20100208_1738073619.jpg

007_20100208_1614917489.jpg

008_20100208_1327612513.jpg

I think this should work pretty good with some carefull and light second and third coats of lighter German grey, and then some minimal washes and dry-brush work. The only problem I really see is getting the time to put in on this, as I have soooooo many other things I need to do lots of work on before this. But I will try to put an hour or so in on this once every week or two, just to see where it takes me.

Gary B)

Back