• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMTech 1/48 P-40K-5

Never heard of AMTech.

:popcorn

They reboxed older kits but added some cool decals or resin bits to them. The P-40K comes with a resin tail instead of the old styrene tail the AMT came with. There is a guy on Ebay that sells them for dirt cheap. I picked up three P-40e's from him for like 20 bucks.

Looks like a fun project Paul. Remember dry fit everything. Those AMT kits seem to have some issues with flash and some fit stuff. (y)

Paul, do, most thoroughly mind your "FIT" I pray U didn't pay much for this kit. It's the old Esci P-40E with additional parts. 3 members of our club, made these, back in the day. The "K" extension for the tail is notoriously warped. Godspeed, and Good Luck, U poor b stard! U have my sympathies!

Paul, do, most thoroughly mind your "FIT" I pray U didn't pay much for this kit. It's the old Esci P-40E with additional parts. 3 members of our club, made these, back in the day. The "K" extension for the tail is notoriously warped. Godspeed, and Good Luck, U poor b stard! U have my sympathies!

Ed and I thank you for your support. :S

AmTech's TA-183 was awesome! their 1/72 JU-88's fit nice, but if u buy a C/KC-135, they come with 2 fuselages, 'cuz U need more than 1. The P-40K builds up nice, but requires lots of Rum, Er, dilligence!! the HS-123 is Nifty. How much Rum, oops, Dilligence have, U, me boyo?

I recently built the AMTech Ta183 and it fell together, never built the P-40F/K but I've heard the same thing, nothing insurmountable, just keep checking the fit as you go.

Great choice for the campaign, was wondering if/when a P-40 would make an appearance.

:good:

Ian

:blink :blink

That bad?

AmTech's TA-183 was awesome! their 1/72 JU-88's fit nice, but if u buy a C/KC-135, they come with 2 fuselages, 'cuz U need more than 1. The P-40K builds up nice, but requires lots of Rum, Er, dilligence!! the HS-123 is Nifty. How much Rum, oops, Dilligence have, U, me boyo?

The Cap'n took me grog an dumped it in the scuttlebutt so all I have to fall back on is me morphine an psychotropic drugs. So fat I got the tail off and fit the resin in and it isn't too bad but then there is always tomorrow.

If this dont work Ill just build it as an E out of 412 squadron.

Forewarned, forearmed; to be prepared is half the victory.

Miguel de Cervantes

I remember the guys bringing the prototypes to the club meetings and their reactions. Hope you can show it who's boss, Paul. :good:

OK Mike, lets see;

It comes with two complete fuses and a drawing on where to draw the line for the cut to no return.

h52f377b.JPG

hdeda65a.JPG

I took some of mu scribing templates and laid them across the area to make a straight cut with my foil saw.

and it worked like a charm
h2670616.JPG

hcb0c658.JPG

dry fit it into place and it looked pretty good so I just sanded the resin to fit and squared off the plastic.

h3bed52e.JPG

h26332fa.JPG

Glued them all together and lookie here

ha5c34f4.JPG

ha5c34f4.JPG

hee47f76.JPG

Wing fit is another matter all together so Ill attack that in future episodes.

That is looking good Paul, take your time bud - plenty of space to finish this GB, dry fit and work out the bugs.

(y)

Rhino; Yeah no sweat got it going on until the finish.

Phil; Cheers

Ian; Nope, I knew it all along.

Back