• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AMPS Atlanta 2021...Who's Goin?

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
For all who might be interested in attending.

AMPSAtl2021.jpg

Would be a nice getaway,about three hours,and would enjoy visiting the Aquarium again.
But no,not until Covid is more under control or until I get my Vax

But thank you for thinking of me

Even though it's around 2 hrs. away the traffic to get there is a nightmare. We stay out of the Atlanta area, especially now with covid. The sight in my lt. eye is not good enough to drive yet, even though it's is getting better slowly. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Gary I completely underestand about going to Atlanta, I avoid it like the plague. The site is just off 285 so it's not AS BAD as going down town and being on Sat traffic is not as hectic.

We also have our SC show coming up in the summer in Columbia.

I've been to Marietta and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home. My leash is pretty short. When Mama ain't happy, nobody happy. No telling what gas prices are going to be this summer thanks to joe. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Had a couple of questions regarding if this show is going to happen....from the MVMA Facebook page...

A brief update on our 2021 show. We are still on for February 19 -20, 2021. For obvious reasons, our show will necessarily be somewhat different from past shows. We are committed to keeping everyone as safe as possible. To that end, here are some changes of note:

1) The AMPS display area will be downstairs this year in the room normally used for seminars and awards. This will provide both display areas more room so people are not so crowded, allowing better social distancing.

2) We will not have a normal awards ceremony. Medals will be inserted into your envelope with your paperwork to be picked up at the end of the show. Specialty awards will be placed with the wining models, and we will endeavor to announce those over social media as soon as possible.

3) The hotel requires masks and regulations call for social distancing. Also, AMPS Atlanta and AMFS REQUIRE masks or similar face coverings be worn by all attendees at all times. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will either be removed from or denied entry to the show.

4) Social distancing will be practiced while registering for the show. We will have enough room to keep any people in line at the registration table at a safe distance.

5) we will not be using the traditional judging room to judge models. The models will either be judged in situ or moved to an area where they can be judged without crowding. We will still need judges and runners to get the job done!

6) The hotel furnishes kiosks for hand sanitizer and there will be additional disposable masks for anyone who needs one.

If anything changes, we will update as soon as possible. Also, please let us know if there are any questions. Stay safe everyone, and hope to see you at the show!

I think it's going to be lightly attended. Hell we went to Hilton Head in June, I got on problem people staying away from me. If Bruce can't get his homework done by the weekend it'll be me and you Eric. :vgood:

Back