• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ALS (Atmospheric Land Speeder) Mark II,

tiking

OK guys and gals. This is my first SF model. I have always been interested in SF models but military modeling has always been my first love. But this time I wanted to try something different and decided to go for it with both feet in. So I decided I wanted to make my first entry into the Sci-Fi arena, a Hover craft. I had three versions of hover bike that will be building.

This one you see here is the first of the three. I called this one ALS(Atmospheric Land Speeder). I wanted something rugged, weathered, beaten up, Badass and interesting to look upon with a mouth watering effect. I loved the Star Wars version, both old and the new version. Someone had scratch built the new Star Wars land speeder which took my breath away. So I decided to scratch built mine in order to get the look and feel of what I was aiming for. The build is partly scratch and modified using parts from different other kits. I alsoused materials like electrical sockets, old astma powder holders and bits and pieces of misc. materials that fit the bill.

The result is what you see before you. I had no major plans or drawings but I knew how I wanted it to look in my head. So bit by bit I just tried different materials to see how'd it look, then just glued it in place.

Enjoy the photos:

als_new_pics13_zpsrulqwa6i.jpg

als_new_pics17_zpsrghnvt5z.jpg

als_new_pics16_zpsrv8iq1t1.jpg

als_new_pics19_zpsl4kzyaoi.jpg

als_new_pics15_zpsze4l1u0p.jpg

als_new_pics14_zpscxfdv4l2.jpg

als_new_pics12_zpsfzcv4web.jpg

als_new_pics11_zpsf7ratrqa.jpg

als_new_pics10_zpspndm1pnq.jpg

als_new_pics9_zpsqi75f50v.jpg

als_new_pics8_zpsgghmyhd2.jpg

als_new_pics7_zpsd9rqzlxq.jpg

als_new_pics3_zpsldc88e3n.jpg

als_new_pics5_zpsjjsjtgjg.jpg

als_new_pics2_zpsimlscoaw.jpg

als_new_pics4_zps69rhfrh0.jpg

Very creative Tiking .... I really like it ..... excellent ..... love the Gatling Gun...... Nice touch .... (y)

Thanks. Although I wanted to use something else in place of the gun. I just went with what I had on hand.

Back