• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AK Interactive, not a good first experience.

While I think I posted something about this elsewhere (can't remember where), I think I should warn everyone about them.

I ordered a DVD from them and paid for UPS service and gave specific instructions to ship to my shipping address (my UPS drop box).

Well, after 10 days of waiting and nothing coming in, I email them and asked for a tracking number. They send me a tracking number for their National Post (Spains postal service) and then tell me that it may take a while due to the "holidays".

So I question the processing of my order and they say "Oops, we sent it via postal by mistake, so sorry". A week later I get a notice (at home) from the USPS to go pick up my package.

So here's my gripe:

A- they didn't ship with the carries I paid for.

B- they shipped to the wrong address.

C- They didn't refund the difference in shipping and won't return my emails.

Maybe we can help work out the problem Mig is a member and Master here. Being a new company there surely are some growing pains. Let's see if we can help work out the problem.

I know your pain about something being shipped USPS, I've gotten messed up with Sprue Brothers on an order being shipped wrong once. How much difference was it anyway? Personally I pick my fights, one over a couple of bucks because of miscommunication is not worth a fight in my book. Your mileage may vary.

It's not the money, it's how it was handled.
Lat email I received from them was what I call the "Ooops mistake, sorry" email.
As for a fight, I'm not fighting, just warning.

Mig is a Master here? Wow, I must have missed his tutorials.
I know he mentioned several people's names at the end of his F.A.Q. videos but did not know he was a member here. That's nice.

UPS and the USPS work together now. It's called the last mile or something. UPS uses the postal service to finish some of their deliveries. A few years ago these two were mortal enemies but now it's like a forced marraige.

Tim

Back