• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Spitfire OOB

Kinda a productive day. Looking to clear the bench to start the Graf Spee and the Ford.

Spit012.jpg

Notice the walk way decal drifted after application? nasty little bugger that thing...to late to do anything about it. Battle Damage?? :dance

Spit013.jpg

Letting the AlcladII Aqua Clear Gloss cure on it. then I'm going to do a Dot Filter just because I can... :Hiay :rotf

Hey Bob, that's looking petty sharp. I think maybe the walkway painter might of had too much ale at lunch.
Cheers, Christian B)

no problem Greg, just don't loose the decals like I did!!

Got one wing filtered. will get a shot of it tomorrow, before and after.

Thanks Dad, ok, check this out.
Port wing has filter on it, starboard does not.

Looking at these photos, looks like it may be too heavy.

Spit014.jpg

Thoughts?

I know we have seen this time and time again,

Not sure my color selection is right. This looks too dark.
Spit017.jpg

I could have sworn I got some shots after I got the colors blended and thinned out. I'll get some tomorrow.

Working oil stains around the cowl, or is this a bonnett?
Spit018.jpg

Spit019.jpg

Any thoughts suggestions or LOL is appreciated.

No way, not too heavy at all. It is faded as it should be. Corrections can be made with dry brushing later.

Starboard is too "just out of the factory door".

It will tone down somewhat as it dries. Get going on the rest of it.

It's gonna look great!

Dad.

Okay lord knows I'm no expert, but port looks a bit too white to me.Maybe a few more sweeps with the brush? Or is it just the picture? Also the Starboard wing,do you have a pic with it after the oil? Those streaks arent going to stay are they? Not sure I'd have the guts to experiment on a plane like you have. Is very interesting to see. Maybe I'll give it a try.
James

Hey Bob, it's the blokes. It's bound to be a bonnet . Just a though about the washews, it will tone down some more after you shoot a dull coat on it too.

Cheers, Christian B)

James, I thought I got a couple of shots after blending the filter on the starboard side but obviously not. I'll have some tonight.

Thanks Chris.

Go with it Bob.Looks cool. and once it fully dries it will look more subdued still. I'm liking it (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I like it. From my experiences with dot filter, the flat coat seems to mellow the effect as well, so I'd say push on! (y)

And calling this one done.

Spit021.jpg

Spit022.jpg

Spit023.jpg

Spit024.jpg

I really need to work on chipping and oil stains. Seeing how you can't see either I think i failed on that. Did a simple dot filter over the wings, don't know if you can tell that at all. I really need to get all these steps done on one kit and maybe I can weather it up like it deserves.

Back