• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Stuart M5A1 - Finished.

wds

AFV Stuart M5A1 in 1/35 scale (AF35105)

I'm bringin' this.

See ya,

Bill

STU2-1.jpg

STU-2.jpg

AFV Stuart M5A1

:popcorn (y)

I have this kit. Looking forward to seeing it done.

Terry

AFV Stuart M5A1

You slid this one by the goalie, looks like fun! (y) :drinks

AFV Stuart M5A1

Thanks, Terry, Mike, Sherm, and Bob!

This is my first AFV Club kit.
I'm generally pleased. It sems like there were a lot of little parts. The grousers (32 of them) were in two pieces each. There were no less than 20 handles or lift rings, not couting 4 on the inside of hatches. Lots of tweezer work. Aluminum barrel and aluminum MG riser (what was the point of that?). PE fret for the engine deck grills.The machine gun was a left-over from a dragon kit (it had a little better detail than the kit offering). :good:

Lets paint this thing. :)

Cheers,

Bill

Stu-3.jpg

Stu-4.jpg

v27

AFV Stuart M5A1

Well shoot, what seems to be the hold up here? :laugh: Let's get painting then! (y) :drinks

AFV Stuart M5A1

Been saving up that bench time Bill? :popcorn

A little bit, Bob. I grab it when I can. I'm enjoying a little me time between work jobs.

.... Let's get painting then! (y) :drinks

Primer is a start. I like the way it unifies all the different materials and hides all my glue snail trails. :blush: :D .

The spare tracks on the front are a maybe. I will paint them off the vehicle along with some stowage and add them at the end only if they enhance the final product.

Green, green, green, the boys are maarrrrrrrching. :soldier :soldier :soldier

Cheers,

Bill

Stu-5.jpg

Stu-6.jpg

AFV Stuart M5A1 - assembled

Thanks, Mike, cb1, and Bob!

Ok, … So a little Tamiya Olive drab applied and subsequently lightened. I swear there is some variation and shadows, but the camera and lights are making a liar out of me. :vmad Who ya’ gonna’ believe? :hmmm :)

Something I have started doing is using a “donor” like this old Tamiya “T” to spray on the same colors so I can practice the weathering and testing other techniques on something other than the real subject. I just blast away and don’t worry about it. I think this “T” has about 5 paint jobs on it. :lol:

Thanks for looking,

Bill

Stu-8.jpg
Stu-9.jpg

Stu-7.jpg

You can clearly see it on the T but not so much on Stuart. Maybe another blast of the darker shades?

AFV Stuart M5A1 - base coat paint

Well, the thing is Bill...if you do it right, it shouldn't be noticeable.

So...good job!!!

Looks great, btw.

Tom

... Maybe another blast of the darker shades?
Right Bob. I think I'll bump up the contrast in the wash and highlight stages to come. We'll see.

...if you do it right, it shouldn't be noticeable. ...
Thanks Tom. Subtlety is a thin line and one I'm still trying to figure out.

Thanks Dave and Mike! Thanks Chuck! :notworthy

I 'll let the whole shebang cure for a few days then apply Bob L's turpinoid and artist oil wash.

Thanks for looking,

Bill

AFV Stuart M5A1 - base coat paint

It looks great (y) (y) (y) (y) I use a test bed too, makes life so much easier. Now if only I had take that thought one step farther like you did and tried the weathering I might be a better modeler. Thanks for another trick to add to my modeling bag of tricks (y)
James

Back