• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Aftermarket tracks

tomwes

Can someone point me in the right direction for some AM tracks for my StuG IV Early Type? I checked out Fruilmodels website and didn't see them listed. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom.

the StuG IV was in production from December 1943 through the end of the war in April 45. They were all manufactured from the Krupp-Gruson werks from Pz IV H and J hulls. They progressed with the changes in these hulls and also with the tracks as they went through their changes. So you have a couple of choices if you want to use Friulmodel tracks.

ATL-27 would be your best bet for this.

You could also use ATL-05 to depict one of the very early vehicles made from recovered/damaged hulls.

Possibly even ATL-28, but I think that this is just a possible here. But you can never say never when it comes to what a supply seargent will give to someone to put on a vehicle getting heavy field maintenance.Using these tracks would also probably mean that your "early" StuG would have to be modeled as a very worn veteran having survived almost a year. So if you go with the ATL-28's you should probably beat the living daylights out of the fenders and just about everything else on it ;)

Gary B)

Johnny and Gary, thank you for your help! There is so much I don't know about armor, the StuG I'm doing is from: Stu.Gesch.Brig.907, Italy 1944.

Tom

Tom,maybe you know,but Pacific Coast Hobbies has all friuls for $32.95+$5.00 shipping

Raiderfan, thanks for the heads up, one place I checked on they were $46.99 plus shipping...I almost fell outta my chair :X

Tom

Back