• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adventures in soldering: The Rat Rod Wrecker

Hi Folks,

Thanks go out to Terry, Big Bob, Little Bob, James, Mike, and Chuck for the kind words :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

A belated answer to Tom and Pup, I do think I will leave it metal as you see it now.

MP, the benzels are simply stickers from 'Michaels'

039_zps8008cd05.jpg

042_zps16c61234.jpg

Building up some pipes for this one.....

Four into collector

006_zps5f6f9d30.jpg

008_zps054bbfc6.jpg

018_zpsec263091.jpg

004_zps0fa970c2.jpg

013_zpsbc9835f2.jpg

030_zpsc046a43a.jpg

mocked up to play with the height of the stacks...

001_zps478ed8c9.jpg

Thanks for looking in!!!

Randy

Really enjoy seeing the craftsmanship you put into this build! :notworthy :notworthy
I struggle with some small PE clamps but you build a whole car!! It's looking great (y) (y)
//Mats

Nothing like waiting a year to get back to this one :S :S

I do thank everyone who commented !!!!

update time.....

picked up a dapping set that I will use to create some headlights and turn signals,

001_zps6794060b.jpg

003_zpsd091ff63.jpg

003_zpsb667cd31.jpg

012_zpsa1875f96.jpg

Some wiring harness and small brackets..

001_zpsd37b3115.jpg

002_zps73ecb589.jpg

017_zps728f65a3.jpg

012_zps71469c48.jpg

033_zpsb3c0110c.jpg

029_zpsc9bb9440.jpg

It feels good to be back !!!

Thanks for looking in.

Randy

Randy,

Awesome as usual.

However, I need to know where in the hell do you buy a dapping set??????????

I want one!!!!! What a cool tool! The best thing I've seen since a punch and die set!!!

And, what kind of material do you use to fabricate the headlights and turn signals with the dapping tool?????

I don't think this is something you waltz down to your local WalMart and buy!

I never heard of such a thing!

Bob

I was telling someone this weekend that we're about due for a Randy Ditton update, figured the cold weather had you back at the bench.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :drinks :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Hey Mike, Thank you my friend :) :)

Bob, Actually found mine at Habor Freight !

Randy

Hey Randy,

There is a Harbor Freight store about 15 miles from me. Do you use very thin brass sheet to fabricate those cups?

I assume you just place the brass sheeting on the block, use the punch and hit it with a small hammer?

Damn, I think I could learn all kinds of things from you!!!!!

Bob

For anybody interested, those dapping sets are also known as Doming sets. I'm headed in to buy one on thursday!

Thanks Randy, I can think of a thousand uses for that tool!

Bob

Back