• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AD-6 SKYRAIDER-SMALL UPDATE-4-3-10

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Hi guys!! I know this is going to send me to the naughty corner, but I started a flying thingy last weekend. What I am working on an old Monogram AD-6 Skyraider. It is pretty much out of the box. I have added True Details wheels, wired the engine, seat belts and drilled out the gun barrels. This build is not like the Me410 build, but I hope it comes out good. Here is what I looks like so far. Comments are always welcome.

Terry ;)

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

B)

Re:AD-6 SKYRAIDER

:blink HERESY!!! :blink

you sir are a heretic! fallen from the true faith! on your knees and sing the panzerlied a dozen times!

seriously: good start terry! and as long as you have fun with it, build it! ;)

good to see your old avatar back btw.!

I prefer the term Rebel...but since I can't see the pictures...something else to look forward to after work today.

Kreighshoer wrote:
:blink HERESY!!! :blink

you sir are a heretic! fallen from the true faith! on your knees and sing the panzerlied a dozen times!

seriously: good start terry! and as long as you have fun with it, build it! ;)

good to see your old avatar back btw.!

Thanks Laura!! I stand convicted, but but the Skyraider is a really heavy plane that packs a big punch.

Terry :angle

Thanks Tom and Gary!! It's really flying tank right?

Terry B)

bad thing about commenting before seeing the pictures is you can't say...WOW! That's a big ol' dang bird man!

Love a Sandy though.

Thanks Pup! The pictures look all sun faded, but I have put some clear finish on her now she looks better.

Terry B)

Hiya Terry.

That is indeed a big old bird. And it could carry and drop just about everything in the U.S.Navy inventory. Including one that actually carried and dropped a toilet bowl somewhere over Vietnam :S . Even though it was an A-1H that actually did the droping, it still was a pretty interesting thing. But yours is looking pretty cool even without any porcelain ordanance :lol: .

Gary B)

Thanks Gary!! Starting to put some decals on now.

Terry B)

Applied a few decals. It's been slow going the decals are thick and take a lot of work. If I take my time I think they will turn out ok. Attached are a couple of update pic's.

Terry B)

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03379.jpg

B)

Back