• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures Yak-1

:popcorn Wonder if that piece can be has different versions according to the Yak model being built ?

Cheers, Christian B)

:popcorn Wonder if that piece can be has different versions according to the Yak model being built ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Could very well be Christian. I have the Yak-1 on skis as well and it still calls for this same piece (though its missing in that kit). There is no option in the instructions so maybe it changed on a later version?

Or, it could be that it was difficult to mold as part of the wing with the curves of that air vent.

I started the sanding and filling and after the first round, gave this one a shot of silver to see what else needed work.

I think I've got the bottom fixed up by the gear bays where I had some glue....

but I'll still have to work on this vent by the wing root

A little more progress. Not a lot in terms of pics right now as I'm still sanding and filling.

I finished up the first round of sanding and just have a couple little spots to fix up.

The underside is pretty much done. That seam from the tail wheel opening to the vent is a bit of a pain to sand as there are ridges that you don't want to sand off in the process.

The piece with the vent by the wing root (part C49) in this pic was a pain as well but I think I got that one licked!

and since I'm doing this one as a razorback, the seam behind the cockpit is going to need one more round of filling and sanding. The big gap in the fuse back by the tail is supposed to be there according to the instructions so that one is staying.

That's it for the moment. I hope to start slapping some paint on this by the next update.

Nice work Warren, your spar prob was the same although not as bad on my IL-2, I used two wooden pegs that had stuff all spring tension which held the spar overnight and now Ca tight.

Funny, I looked at the same kit at my LHS on Saturday!1

The big gap in the fuse back by the tail is supposed to be there according to the instructions so that one is staying.

Interesting about the gap . Curious what the reason would be for it .

(y) (y) (y) :popcorn
Cheers, Christian B)

The big gap in the fuse back by the tail is supposed to be there according to the instructions so that one is staying.

Interesting about the gap . Curious what the reason would be for it .

(y) (y) (y) :popcorn
Cheers, Christian B)

To quote the instructions, "The vertical seam where the rear of the fuselage top meets the fuselage forward of the tail fin was a rough joint on the actual airplane and needs no filling or real cleanup."

Other than that, I have no idea! :)

Hmmmm ? Certified varnished coffin :rotf Or maybe the LAGG 3 was the one to which that referred to. Not exactly inspiring. :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Okay, I'm going to start a push to get this one finished up! Not much of an update tonight but more to come! I need a ribbon!!

:smack

Did some last minute sanding and re-scribing to get back some detail I lost. I'll wait 'til the fuse dries but then I'm adding some paint to this build. Started on the gear tonight, painting it RLM 02

The gear doors have some sink holes that need to be filled and removed

Check to see if those sink holes are even visible when assembled. My luck they would be...:bang head

Git'er done Warren :popcorn

Sorry all, I won't have this one done before the deadline! :(

I only have a week before I head out on a field trip to Sable Island off NS on the 13th to chastise some grey seals. Not back until the end of the month.

A question though: Is one able to continue adding to closed group build threads or would I have to continue the build in Wessendorf Field???

Either way, I will finish her, just too much going on this past year!

We'll be glad to move it to Wessendorf Field, be easier to find than when we archive the campaign.

So what did these grey seals do to deserve your fussin' at them??

We'll be glad to move it to Wessendorf Field, be easier to find than when we archive the campaign.

So what did these grey seals do to deserve your fussin' at them??

Thanks MP, I'd appreciate it!

The seals didn't do anything, we just like to go out and hassle them this time of year while they are pupping and mating. We have a bunch of animals we've been following for the last 20-30 years and we're going to brand another 750 or so for some future studies.

Should be a busy field season, just packing up all my cold weather gear!

Back