• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures 1/48 SBD-4

Lovin' it Mike! Don't know what it is about those ol' Navy bombers.

Did you see the pictures of the Wildcats on the Enterprise? One thing that jumped out at me was the demark between the colors was more of a mottle than a feather.

Thanks Bob...I'll have to check back on that thread to check it out. I've got all the decals on now...just have lots of detailios to add on...

Most everything is good to go now...the radio radial need some painting and trimming...the wingtip lights need painting...and I am not sure if the wash I attempted here is going to cut it ( I really suck at these!)-- what do you think?
008%7E2.jpg

007%7E2.jpg

006%7E3.jpg

Also-- now that I have the goodies from Inside the Armour, I added the cap badges to the figgies and am in the process of improving the antenna mount!

I think you need to rub down the wash just a little more, make it subtle. But that's my personal take. It does look good. :popcorn

Posting these mainly to find flaws ;) Got to hit those navigation lights...and maybe subdue the exhaust stains...I did rub down the wash a bit...

001%7E5.jpg

002%7E4.jpg
003%7E5.jpg

:snoopy

(y)

The only thing I would do is try and get the exhaust stains more like an airflow over the wing root. Especially on the starboard side. :pilot

Me likey Mike!

OK-- touched it up a bit Bob-- better?? Also-- antenna is on and ready to go-- I might just add a coat of dull to settle the pigments and such in-- but I am calling this done for the most part!! Gonna add pics to the finished thread...is there one yet Bob??
001%7E6.jpg

:snoopy

Back