• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniatures 1/48 SBD-4

Jeeves

Well-- I got this one on eBay a few years back...didn't come with a box- so this is the best I can do--
OpTorch1.jpg

OpTorch2.jpg

I also seem to have misplaced the AeroMaster decals for it which might be more of a problem...but we'll see...

Well-- I got this one on eBay a few years back...didn't come with a box- so this is the best I can do--
OpTorch1.jpg

OpTorch2.jpg

I also seem to have misplaced the AeroMaster decals for it which might be more of a problem...but we'll see...

Montex masks are the way to go then.
http://www.design-marketingintl.com/product_info.php?cPath=88_90_38_55&products_id=193

K48048.jpg

James

James is bound and determined to see someone do those mask!

Nice, I see dive bombers!!!

Thanks guys...well I do have spare stars for the wing tops and bottoms...it's the yellow surround on the sides I wonder about ;). Funny thing is I am trying to remember if there ever were decals ;). I have a gallon sized plastic ziplock bag I keep all my spare decals and decal sets in...I am hoping they are in there somewhere!

Well-- this is my first experience with the Vallejo Air paints and I do so love them. Go on nice and smooth with no issues-- easy cleanup...although their Interior Green might be a touch dark? No worries as it'll be inside the cockpit anyways...
08-17-11_016.jpg

Gonna start detail painting the inside next...

Got most on the side panel detail painting done...a couple swipes with some wash and I can start closing things up...
08-20-11_009.jpg

Thanks!!

Well-- I don't remember having so much trouble assembling these...but as you can see I have some wing root gaps to fix...
100_6939.JPG

100_6938.JPG

Finally got some clothes on her ;) Just a couple touch-ups...and then I am looking forward to seeing the yellow surround insignias...should really make it pop!

001.jpg

002.jpg

Was able to get started on some decals...although I lost a couple of the teeny ones while trying to add some MicroSol...gonna have to raid one of my other AM kits to make up for them ;) These yellow surround insignias were a bear to get down around the trailing edge of the wings...might still need a session or two of Sol to get it perfect...once the bottom side and other side are done, I'll add some Flat and add the rest...
004%7E0.jpg

005%7E1.jpg

Hang on to yer popcorn Bob ;)

More done...about to add the rest of the flaps...will have the bottom side open to show off the red as you can see started here
003%7E1.jpg

As you can see-- AM puts in a pretty commendable OOB engine...
001%7E1.jpg

Lots more fiddly bits yet to go...and then on to the weathering...

Back