• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Abdin's Build- Trumpeter's Geschutzwagen Tiger

fledermaus

Master at Arms
Hi Friends!!

This is my entry for the group build, the trumpeter giant Geschutzwagen Tiger, with some extras. Aluminum barrel from RB, two sets of tracks from Hobby boss, ammo from trumpeter and the voyager grilles set.

P1020168.jpg

The mandatory date photo
P1020170.jpg

P1020171.jpg

The trumpeter ammo set
P1020172.jpg

The excellent RB barrel
P1020173.jpg

The hobby boss tracks, two set are needed
P1020174.jpg

The Voyager detail set
voyager.jpg

So this project is about to be started, so see you soon….

looks like an interesting build. 170mm! Was this one of the paper tigers I hear about or was it actually produced?

HI moon poppy!! :Hiay they only did one that never was finished, Im planning on doing it battle ready,thats why I got the ammo for it.

thanks!!
Abdin

Abdin or Fieldmouse
Looks like some heavy metal is going into this beast.
I think it will be great. Can't wait to see the build.
Shawn

Dive in, Abdin! Looks like you have some great details planned and loads of possibilities. Have fun!
:ro:
Mike

Hi Abdin.

That is certainly going to qualify as Huge and Heavy. I can hardly wait to see you get started on this monster beast. It's kind of like one and a half tigers all in one ;) .

I just put you on the list, and now we are all ready to see what you can do with all the goodies you got for it.

Gary B)

Shawn,Stug,Mike and Gary thanks a lot guys!! :Hiay

I will do my best with this beast or go loco(crazy) :blink :woohoo: :side:

Abdin

Hi to all, first my apologies for starting so late as I have being doing other works model related for other people, so after 6 months I finally found the time to start this project and I better hurry if I want to finish it on time. So I started the build with the suspension parts..

Left and right sides done
P1030195.jpg

P1030196.jpg

Next I started working on the engine and the transmission and by the way trumpeter did a great job on this parts as both are very detailed and with a lot of parts each..

Here is the engine which is composed of a total of 81 parts!!!!Wow
P1030197.jpg

P1030198.jpg

P1030199.jpg

P1030200.jpg

The same goes for the transmission with a total of 42 parts, is a shame the covers hide a great part of the details of the transmission but you know its all there…
P1030213.jpg

P1030214.jpg

P1030215.jpg

P1030212.jpg

P1030216.jpg

With the engine and transmission finished I started to assemble the gun cradle, nice rivet detail all around…
P1030203.jpg

In order to install the aluminum barrel, you need to cut the original gun halves from the breech first so the ring can fit in the breech halves..
P1030211.jpg

After a little sanding the ring is ready to be glued to the breech..
P1030209.jpg

Here the barrel is fitted to the ring, it’s a loooong barrel!!!!
P1030210.jpg

I’m working on finishing the barrel so I can start working on the interior of the tank
More soon…..

Abdin

Hey Din, glad to see you are plowing along with this. I was starting to think that you were going to miss this one. :laugh:

That engine is a beauty! Trumpeter should sell it as an upgrade for those other models that use the same engine.

Ruben

It looks so far so good, Abdin! But your build is very slow, six months and you haven't finished assembling it. This is what my modeler built last year, I believe it took him a day or two at most to build OOB:

m48-108.jpg

m48-113.jpg

m48-114.jpg

Add figures for size comparison:

m48-202.jpg

Keep working! I want to see yours finished...

Model Maniac wrote:
This is what my modeler built last year, I believe it took him a day or two at most to build OOB:

A day or two at most? That's the beauty of not having anything else to do in your life!

Ruben

well I wish I have all that time, but like I said at the beginning of the post, I'm currently
making a master for a model company and at the same time was finishing another group build
so the geschutz tiger was on hold till now. I hope I can finish it on time, you should try
to do your models your self, thats the fun part of model kits, by the way the model looks
very nice.

Abdin

Hi to all, time for another update. The model is ready for painting, all the subassemblies are finished. The tracks are ready to be installed also, so here it is

The hull ready for paint, the engine and transmission are painted separately to make it easier…
P1030229.jpg

This hull is huge…..
P1030230.jpg

And the side walls, a lot of pin marks were removed from the inside
P1030240.jpg

P1030231.jpg

Next I finished the gun barrel, the muzzle brake is stunning and screws in like the original one
P1030232.jpg

The completed barrel
P1030233.jpg

P1030234.jpg

The finished gun ready to paint
P1030238.jpg

And a figure for size comparison, the gun itself is another giant
P1030239.jpg

I replaced the guns front hydraulics balancer tubes with brass ones as this is easier to do than sanding the seams on the originals

The original tubes, I cut the base of each so this can be glued to the brass replacement ounce sanded smooth
P1030246.jpg

P1030247.jpg

P1030248.jpg

Here are the bases glued to the brass replacements
P1030250.jpg

A nice improvement over the originals, and it works..
P1030251.jpg

Well that’s for now, next update will be painting of the beast, so till then stay tuned and thanks for watching….

Wow this is looking great Abdin!! I like the brass parts.

Terry B)

Back