• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A6M2 by Tamiya in 1/48th scale

centaur567

100_6571.JPG

Although not the best Zero kit on the market it's what I have. Don't know if I'm jumping the gun or not. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Last edited:
Very nice job on your Zero, John !! Did you ever read Saburo's book? I'll be using the other set of markings. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Why, yes I did. I was probably 10 years old at the time, when it was first published. It had a pretty big effect on my young mind.

100_6686.JPG
100_6687.JPG
800px-Japanese_Zero.jpg

While I'm using the airbrush, I thought I'd do something on the Zero. The flight controls are to be painted gray and the fuselage will be a greenish/gray, like in the photo. The marking are of the AI-101 aircraft used in the attack of Pearl Harbor. The wings are not glued to the fuselage. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Cockpit done. Added wooden throttle handle carved from a toothpick. Thinned the front cockpit abovepanel.
100_6813.JPG
100_6814.JPG
100_6818.JPG
100_6820.JPG
The pilot I've had already modified and painted for years. He just needed an aircraft. Wings and tail glued on. Engine and cowling assembled. Engine not painted or glued in yet. Gary S. #46 MASA. XLV MMXXIV

100_6822.JPG
100_6828.JPG
100_6829.JPG
100_6830.JPG
100_6831.JPG

Been away from the bench for a while. My "honey do " list has a few less things to do and more is coming. Added some more parts and cleaned up the seams. The pilot baled out, so I took some more cockpit pics. Cut off the tail cone and installed a clear piece of tree to make the tail light. I did this once before on an A6M5 years ago. It is the Hasagawa kit. The exhaust pipes are very thin and delicate from a company in Russia. Gary S. XLV MMXXIV

Back