• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A ZPU-1 wip

53Chevy

Howdy all,
This is my little in between project. I am working on some figures and am working on this as the paint dries. It is a Russian Project 1/35 white metal ZPU-1 14.5mm AA gun.
Replaced the wheels and added some tread plate to foot trigger and wire and plastic bits here and there. Still have some work to do. Ryan
100_0209.jpg

100_0210.jpg

100_0211.jpg

Wow,

That looks identical to the Arsenal/Ace kit I have. I does look great. I see wires, what are you using them for, attachment pins?

In the insane realm of my imagination, where I actually finish models, I planned on replacing the barrel with a ModelPoint one designed for the Dragon BTR/BRDM turrets. Yeah, yeah, I know...

Regards,

Oh Saul,
I'd love that Modelpoint barrel! Iam hoping RB models comes out with one. The wire is for attaching the fenders. Ryan

Looked like crap! A lot of extra metal in the tread and the rims were close but no cigar. The flak 38 tires are way closer as are the rims. Ryan

That looks really cool. Is that an early weapon or a more modern one? What scheme will you finish this off in, Russian or an export model assuming they were exported?
James

The ZPU-1 is an older weapon, heavly exported. I was thinking of doing either an Afghan or some african army fig with it. Something small. We'll see. ;)

On the Arsenal/Ace kit, the wheels were in a hard chalky plastic feeling resin. The pattern was correct and based on the Volkswagen/Kubelwagen wheel. Now you are making me look for it as it was closed to finishing.

The only reason I never finished it was that it was to be mounted on a North Vietnamese BTR-50 as seen on the last page of Squadron Publication's Armor in Vietnam. For some reason, I never bought the Armo BTR-50.

Regards,

Hey Ryan,

This is looking good. I can't wait to see it finished. Are you painting it green, green or green? :lol:

I think a shade of green...maybe. Iam going to set it in Africa with a Warriors African tanker fig. A little vingette. I wish they made a Zpu-2, I found an awesome image of a LandCruiser with one set in Africa. If someone could take mine and cast it (x3, two for the ZPU-2 and one for you Erik) I'd be done for that. ;)

lrzzpu2.jpg

A new tool ZPU-1 and ZPU-2 are coming... if I only could remember who is releasing it!

Regards,

I know Strom Miniatures is going to do a ZPU-4. There are two types of ZPU-1 (?) this one:
627px-ZPU-1-batey-haosef-1.jpg

and this one (I'd love to see this one done)
1524851455_704e8c51be.jpg

Let me know if you remember who is soing them. Thanks, Ryan ;)

I know that Skif kit 210 BTR-152E came with a crude ZPU-2 mounted.

skf210.jpg

It was Russian Project for the ZPU-1. Looking at the Latest Acquisitions thread, I see that it is indeed made from the same molds as the Arsenal/Ace kit except the tires were in resin for the latter:

rpr35001.jpg

Regards,

Re:A ZPU-1 FINISHED (sorta)

Well, I banged this one out as well. I need to work on my African fellow and a simple base for it. I'd like to track down another kit someday. Looking forward to the ZPU-4 coming form Storm Models. Will start on the base soon, Ryan ;)

100_0307.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0308.jpg

Back