• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A Spitfire for Hubert

Paulw

Over the years, since I started modeling, I have come to realize that a good Spitfire build is always just out of my reach. I got this kit last Christmas. Its the Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Mk Vb. It had two versions one from 301 sqdn and the other was one of Johnny Johnson's planes I think.

It has its flaws, none of which are my fault this time :idonno . Stuff like the prop locating pins were set to have the prop at full feather, go figure. All in all it is a fine kit, a little pe and vinyl tires. there was not many areas that had bad gaps except the wing to fuse join and the pit was not too bad. Since I am not really finished with it I just have some close to finish pics here. Just a few, very few, small fiddly bits and some weathering.

I did this in the Polish squadron in hopes that Hubert would catch a glimpse of this, sort of a homage to him in a way. I hope that you guys that have seem my last two attempts at Spitfire see some improvement.

I'll have a better photo spread after I am totally finished with it. :D

Looks like a nice clean build. Well done (y) (y) (y)
What did you use for the bakelite seat? I really like that colour.
James

Talk about someone sandbaggin' on us! Where did this come from? Nice job Paul! Those seatbelts look great. :popcorn

This is about as done as I want to take it for now. I got some crooked parts on it because I have fumble fingers. The base is just a quick toss together. I hope you guys like it.

Over the years, since I started modeling, I have come to realize that a good Spitfire build is always just out of my reach. I got this kit last Christmas. Its the Hobby Boss 1/32 Spitfire Mk Vb. It had two versions one from 301 sqdn and the other was one of Johnny Johnson's planes I think.

I did this in the Polish squadron in hopes that Hubert would catch a glimpse of this, sort of a homage to him in a way. I hope that you guys that have seem my last two attempts at Spitfire see some improvement.

Paul,
Each model in Polish marks made ​​by a "foreign" modeler enjoy (y) :good: - airplanes with red-white checkered is for many of them the exotic theme (i hopr that many of you will join to the "First Blood" campaign). Your Spit looks great :notworthy

As for the model - RF-D is a plane piloted by one of the most amazing Polish Air Force aces - Jan Zumbach. Zumbach was one of the few who have been fighting on the first line since September 1939 by the French campaign of 1940, the Battle of Britain to V-day. During World War II, he shot down, according to official data, 13 aircraft for sure, and some probably. In addition to the highest military decorations awarded in Poland (Cross of Virtue Military), he was awarded the Cross of Valour four times and twice the British Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC with Bar).

"RF" is a code of the famous 303 "Kosciuszko" Squadron - the best squadron of BOB flaing on Hurrcianes. 301 was a polish heavy bombers squadron (301 Dywizjon Bombowy Ziemi Pomorskiej "Obrońców Warszawy") which is famous for performance of extreme hardship flights with supplies for fighting Warsaw (Warsaw Uprising, August-October 1944).

Back