• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A senior's bragging rights! Got it done!

Re: A senior citizen's bragging rights!

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your support and I'll let you know the minute I make 700 pounds. Hell, maybe next year I'll go for 800!:idonno :idonno :idonno

Onwards and upwards, right?

Bob

Now lets see....:hmmm..... that would be almost eight of me! :blink

Congrats Bob! :notworthy (y)

Tim

OK, I reached the goal today. My last post on this subject.

I'll start with the machine loaded with the 680 pounds of last week.

CIMG2580.jpg

Then I added the two ten pound plates to take it all the way to 700 pounds.

CIMG2581.jpg

Ready, set.........

CIMG2583.jpg

Go! All the way out and back!(y)

CIMG2584.jpg

CIMG2585.jpg

Now I will go back to my regular routine of 5-600 pounds doing repetitions. While I trained for this two months, I went from 212 pounds of body weight to 225. Time to do a little dieting!

Just wanted to be able to say I did it.

Bob

Blimey Bob when I see you face putting in so much effort Im surprised your cap didnt blow off the top of your head !! (y)

Im also surprised that you didnt blow off at the bottom tooo,.....:D :pinch:

Big congrats for achieving your goal !!!!

very much in awe !

there was never a doubt that you'd reach your goal but still - bonkers!

bravo bob, bravo!

although the last pic looks like if you felt some pain! (wouldn't surprise me!)

Thanks, you guys!

there was never a doubt that you'd reach your goal but still - bonkers!

bravo bob, bravo!

although the last pic looks like if you felt some pain! (wouldn't surprise me!)

No Laura, it was more the anticipation of injury than the pain. When I go for very heavy weights, because of my age, I worry more about an injury than the pain. I have been doing this stuff since I was in my early teems and have never had a single injury, but.... there is always a first time! We had our last workout this morning until we get home. We are leaving here for New Orleans on Tuesday morning, then on to home on the 28th of February. It has warmed up nicely there and want to enjoy it before Mother Nature realizes we are back and dumps another snow storm on us.

Thanks, Bob

Back