• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A question about acrylics..

Paulw

I do use the Walmart apple valley type of craft paint and I usually thin it out with isopropyl alcohol and future. I was wondering if naptha would work and what is its flash time. Does anybody have an idea about it?

well I assume those Walmart apple valley type of craft paints are water based acrylics, right?
If so, then I'm first wondering it works with isopropyl I would have said it would work better with natural alcohol not the chemical one (but this could also be a translation error by me). With naptha you are talking about Petroleum Ether - something like lighter fuel or alike I think. I dont think water based acylics will work with that, cause you would need a catalysator to have the naptha mix with water.

You sure can use naptha to mix it with oil paints, Thinned down oil paints are also great to spray with the airy-stick.

Back