• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A One Day Build

Heavens Eagle

I have had a pile of various rod, tubing, aluminum and acrylic in some old boxes that has been needing to have an item built to hold it. It needed to be tall enough to hold some stuff that is 4 or 5 ft long and yet needed to be able to hold some short pieces as well. The old boxes I had this stuff in were a pain in the can to deal with. With my garage finally cleaned up and somewhat organized (at least until the next load from my storage building) it was time to do something about this. While I had been thinking about what I was going to do, I didn't do anything until about 9am this morning. It was finished by 8pm this evening with the mess all cleaned up.

One Day Build 01.jpg

One Day Build 02.jpg

One Day Build 03.jpg

One Day Build 04.jpg

One Day Build 05.jpg

One Day Build 06.jpg

This is definitely not like my usual builds that take a while. I think I just set a new personal record for a build project.

Thanks for looking in.

Very Nice! I wish I had room for a small workshop. The Man Closet is just too small.

My garage has been storage for a long time. I am trying to get it emptied out and organized so I can get the '77 Beetle moved from a storage building to here and save that chunk of change every month. It is still going to be a bit tight, but have measured and things will fit. Have a couple of small projects I want to get done today. This was a biggie though. Glad it is done and worked out.

"One Day Build"? YOU!? Mongo impressed! It is high time you brought eine kleine nazi-wagen home! :lol:

Right now the model works are on hold. Once the house is weeded out and the Bug is in it's new home (and the weather turns cold) I will be back at it. A lot of this is stuff that has been needed doing for YEARS! As I lighten my load and get things condensed I am feeling better and seem to have more Git-R-Done mojo. Not the easiest to have gotten started, but am on track now. Having the van all fixed back up again helps a great deal.

Dude, your shop is immaculate! That in itself is a marvel. Very impressive build. Also, excellent computer skills designing the plans. How did you do that? I do woodwork as well but still use paper and am interested!

That is the Garage Greg. I have been working on it for a while. It looked like this last year after I had a water line break.

Garage 2021.jpg

As to the program I use, it is called Canvas. I have used it since version 6 back in the 90's. The version I am using now is Canvas X 2017. The newer ones are subscription based and they keep breaking and messing up how it works. Most likely I won't ever upgrade it again. They do have a program that is supposed to be "most" of the features that isn't a subscription rip off.
I use Canvas for doing all my posts as it is a photo editor as well as vector graphics and works well for doing dimensional drawings. In some cases I have been able to import a good square photo of an item, scale the photo to actual dimensions and make good scratch build parts.

You don't want to see my hobby room now as it is a disaster area. Almost as bad as the above garage pic.

It's good to be single. I don't have to worry about stuff moving around or getting put where I can't find it. Though I am bad enough myself at putting things where I can't find them.

That last pic gives one nightmares. Well, one bite at a time, right? But, like I always tell my boys, it ain't gonna get done looking at it, HA!

Best of luck to ya!

That last pic gives one nightmares. Well, one bite at a time, right? But, like I always tell my boys, it ain't gonna get done looking at it, HA!

Best of luck to ya!
That pic was taken when the living room and back two bedrooms (including the hobby work room) were empty and getting their new flooring. Now the garage is looking good but the hobby work room is a mess with a lot of stuff piled in the corners and such. Probably will be a good weekend's worth of work to get it neatened up where I can do something. Will just have to keep after it as a lot of this has been setting around since I moved to Memphis. Never had time to get things all weeded and dealt with after my wife died 20 years ago, and then moved here just 3- 1/2 short years after she passed. Only now that I have a set place here that I can truly call my own have I been able to get busy with settling and weeding.

My garage has been storage for a long time. I am trying to get it emptied out and organized so I can get the '77 Beetle moved from a storage building to here and save that chunk of change every month. It is still going to be a bit tight, but have measured and things will fit. Have a couple of small projects I want to get done today. This was a biggie though. Glad it is done and worked out.
Could you hang that bug on the wall? 😜

Back