• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FlaK Diorama - DONE!

Kreighshoer

well ok - i don't like making dios at all but a flak in firing position needs a base to be put on! right?

fine ... so i bit the bullet and made a base for the flaks and the crew!

Erben Der Schöpfung - Niemand Kennt Den Tod

diodone1_20100529_1984361564.jpg

diodone2_20100529_1574497181.jpg

now i have to get myself in gear to mattcoat the figures and paint the crates and boxes for the ammo and equipment!

g060.gif

Re:88mm FlaK Diobase

Hey that looks the goods Laura!
I like the darker choice of tones for the groundwork. Any chance of a closer shot of the texture?
Brad

thanks brad!

BradJ wrote:
I like the darker choice of tones for the groundwork. Any chance of a closer shot of the texture?

not needed - it's dried and sieved earth from my garden! the lighter tone is sieved bird sand, grass is heki and noch!

but i'll do closeup shots when i have mounted the figures and the vehicle/flaks on the base!

That looks brilliant Laura , that super flak of yours will look super duper on this base with those figures . Ammo , geez do not talk to me about ammo :gogo I have a few ammo crates being painted myself :D

Jenny :kiss:

Guess I missed this one. Great job Laura!

It looks like a war torn battlefield! The dark colors give it that mood!

Bob

88mm FlaK Dio - DONE!

ok - time to call this project finished! at last!

i still got to add the chipping to the earth spikes, clean up the dioframe and touch up some single spots but the changes will be that minor that they most probably won't be noticeable!

The Cure - A Forest

diodone1_20100601_1219721704.jpg

diodone2_20100601_1008528724.jpg

diodone3_20100601_1900494829.jpg

diodone4_20100601_1941684791.jpg

diodone5_20100601_1420452865.jpg

diodone6_20100601_1796448015.jpg

diodone8_20100601_1048375690.jpg

Great dio and the figures work really well, love the ground work with the tones and textures,are you going to weather up the gray ammo boxes i am doing a s---t load of stowage at the moment for my Chevy and its a night mare .
Great job

Cheers Chris

Nice work Laura. That all works together very well. A desolate field it looks like to me.

Ant

The Cure - A forest, yeah!!

Fast and sweet , ....... I blink and you've got another fine build completed !!!

This looks great Laura , I have to agree with Ant on the desolate comment , good choice of words to describe the scene .

Very , very cool !!!

I really really love it Laura !

You have done a superb job and all the figures work well together .

One thing I really love is how you have carried the ground colour over the vehicle and the flak , so many times it looks like a vehicle has been placed on the terrain but these actually look like they have driven through it !

Into the showcase ;) ............... NEXT !!!!! :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

B) Nice scene Laura!
I agree with Jenny,I like the ground tones comming up onto the vehicle and gun.
The figures really suit the scenen too, especially the officer sitting in the drivers seat of the half track. He looks ubercool with the jacket drapped over his sholders.

Ian.

Back