• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FlaK 36 Crew Dudes!

Kreighshoer wrote:
thanks for the encouragement!

mike walsh wrote:
Snipped:

i'm most unhappy with the photos, a lot of details are lost in those pics but whatever i did with the three lamps on the bench, no matter how i arranged them the lighting didn't improve!

maybe with better weather and the dio done i'll be able to do outside shots!

Snipped:

all dudes:

alldudes1_20100514_1884703207.jpg

g060.gif

EDIT: painted last details before touching up and took better pictures! next update will be with flatcoated figures!

Your figures look pretty good to me. As far as the unsatisfactory photography goes, sometimes a reflector is better than another light source. Your reflector wants to have an uneven surface such as crumpled aluminium foil that is glued to a flat surface. Another thing that can help to cut down deep shadows is a diffuser in front of the light source(s).

I love the fact that these dudes are too busy relaxing to be shooting at my Fireflys.

Cheers from Peter

Hi There

Looking good since i got back into it after a long lay off there is a lot of work that goes into figures ,they will look great with your dio ,some times i use a light blue card below my fig and behind seems to help with the pics .
Looking forward to it developing.
Cheers Chris

Back