• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm FlaK 36 Crew Dudes!

Kreighshoer

while weathering the flak i decided to start with the crew! not the dudes that come with the kit but some infantry dudes from preiser and DML!

the preiser dudes may have cool poses but are horrible figures - i tried to enhance them with gen2 parts and replacement heads! some of them! the bread cutting dude was the most intensive work so far (besides the gen2 figure! still not finished) since i lost his right leg and had to sculpt a new one - when it's dry i'll see what else i have to carve, cut and sand on the leg! i also replaced the bread cutting knife with a gen2 bajonet ... sheer fun to drill, trim, cut and drill again only to see the bajonet snap out of the tweezers, entering low orbit and hearing a *plopp* in the far distance!

whatever!

from left to right: heinz, gustav, arnold, berthold, dieter, hans and the dude on the floor is emil:

firstdudes1_20100309_1412952999.jpg

firstdudes2_20100309_1482463185.jpg

firstdudes3_20100309_1842764932.jpg

three more dudes to assemble! seems like i will have a lot of figgies to paint in the near future!

Looking good so far!

Looking good so far Laura.
Let me know if you need any help!
Panzer

Is Gustav German for Bubba?

Pretty kewl skill you have there Laura, being able to sculpt a leg like that.

The figures are all looking most excellent , I still think the one cutting bread looks like he may be unloading a (not so) silent but deadly parcel for his mates :eek:hmy: :X

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
I still think the one cutting bread looks like he may be unloading a (not so) silent but deadly parcel for his mates :eek:hmy: :X

you know brussels sprout and hard boiled eggs take their toll! :silly:

after that pic i resculpted that dude's butt to let him sit a little bit more upright but i may realter it to that position again for some more "dramatic" layout and interaction with the bad mood dude berthold (the one in the middle with the raised hand)! ;)

the advantage of getting up at 5:30am is that one can sqeeze in some benchtime!

further progress on the dudes! the second batch got a darker uniform color to depict different ageing and supply of the uniforms!

still a long way to go! (besides of me having started the uniforms of further four figures that i want to have off the bench!)

Suicide Commando - God Is In The Rain

furtherprogress5_20100423_1394389071.jpg

g060.gif

For goodness sake girl... put a pillow under emil's head before he gets a sore neck will ya!? At least, thanks to Jenny, I now know that 'The Breadcutter' is having squeezed cheese on his sanga.

No really... can't wait to see them finished and posted with the 88. I was working on the same thing this morning myself but I will probably go with the kit figures at least in part unless something else tickles my fancy in the meantime.

Hi Laura,

The figures look great.

I'm still trying to get used to the shiny side of them . B)

You must give them a coat of flat clear at the end.
There is a lot of depth in the uniforms and ,done a great job representing it.

Excellent effort .

Michael :)

Ohh. How did I miss this for over a month? Those are some sweeeeeeet looking little figgies you have there Laura. They are going to look so cool hanging around your hole punch :laugh: .

Gary B)

thanks for the encouragement!

mike walsh wrote:
You must give them a coat of flat clear at the end.

don't worry, i'll take care of that when i'm done with them (2012 maybe?)

well ok - i'm almost done with the figures, still some work to do, paint some of the gear 'n stuff and some touchups/urgent paintjob repairs needed ( :blush: ) ... i faced a lot of problems with figure painting the latest time! dunno why but whatever i did i messed it up!

whatever ...

i'm most unhappy with the photos, a lot of details are lost in those pics but whatever i did with the three lamps on the bench, no matter how i arranged them the lighting didn't improve!

maybe with better weather and the dio done i'll be able to do outside shots!

after a too long time i found myself listening to mexican music again:

Rabia Sorda - Heart Eating Crows

sleepingdude, sittingdude, eatingdude and officerdude:

group1_1_20100514_1061737774.jpg

smokingdude, restingdude, fartingdude, badmooddude in the stinkywind:

group2_1_20100514_1678245226.jpg

all dudes:

alldudes1_20100514_1884703207.jpg

g060.gif

EDIT: painted last details before touching up and took better pictures! next update will be with flatcoated figures!

Back