• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

69 Plymouth GTX

Kevin

I just completed this GTX, it is a Christmas present for my older brother. I tried to duplicate the 1:1 car he bought new in 1969, he had it until 71 when his family outgrew it. I used an AMT kit, to match his car I converted the front seat from bucket to a bench and a manual transmission on the column. The kit hood was not correct for his car, so I used the hood from a GTX convertible kit. I did a custom paint mix to match the Ivy Green Metallic color.
Thanks for looking!

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

That is looking SWELL!!! You have really outdone yourself this time, Kevin!! I'm sure your brother will love it, have a safe trip home!! (y) (y)

Hi Kev .
Long time no hear. That is one sweet looking go get them machines . The color looks as I remember it . I had a short time where I worked for a Chry/Ply dealership. They were really fun automobiles. What's under the hood ?
Congratulations !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.
It has a 440 with a 4 barrel carb like my brothers car had. I added plug wires, a coil and battery cables.

DSC_0003.JPG

Wow that is just great!! Did you use bare metal foil for some of the trim?

B)

Beautifully finished model and great pictures too, like the lighting, really works with he metallic paint (y)

That is a fantastic looking GTX. Is that a custom mix paint, or were you able to use some thing like Dupli-color?

Dave W.

That is a fantastic looking GTX. Is that a custom mix paint, or were you able to use some thing like Dupli-color?

Dave W.

Hey Dave, I mixed my own for this one. Model Master British Green metallic and Boyd's Lime Pearl. About 60 percent Lime.

Back