• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

66 El Camino AWB Dragster

Kevin

This is my first Campaign here on MA so lets get things rolling. I'm going to do a fantasy drag build of Bruce Larson's USA 1 AWB drag car using a Revell 66 El Camino and the chassis from AMT's Rat Packer Nova. I can't resist the urge to hack up 2 perfectly good models, so lets see what damage I can do! I have a set of decals from Slixx and resin halibrand front wheels.
The last photo is my inspiration for this build, the 66 USA1 Chevelle.

DSC_0022.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

BruceLarsonUSA-1Chevelle.jpg

My monthly procrastinators meeting was canceled so its time to post some progress on the Camino. I got the saw out and started some cutting, I removed the inner fender wells and filled the gaps on each side of the firewall with sheet styrene. And removed a front portion of the bed to make room for the slicks. I will need to take out some more once I get the wheel base established. I did a rough cut on the new rear wheel openings, the rat packer frame is a little to short so that will have to be stretched.

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013%7E0.JPG

DSC_0014%7E0.JPG

The slicks and front wheels that come with the Rat Packer are plastic, so I'm using some from my parts box along with some old racing mags for the rear. I striped the chrome and painted them to look like steel, used Tamiya metallic grey with a little copper mixed in. The front wheels are from Competition Resin.
New stacks from Parts by Parks, much nicer than the kit stacks.
Thanks for looking!

DSC_0015%7E0.JPG

DSC_0003%7E0.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

Hey Kevin the dragster is looking cool. Wheels and engine are well done.

B)

Back