• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

61. Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg 2010

Nothing much appeals to me, and there's so much there that had already been announced previously. The only things that sort of stand out to me are the 2 trucks by IGB Models. The new Hasegawa MaK's look terrific, but I'd seen them a few days ago on HLJ's site :huh:

no major surprises to see regarding military but the trumpeter 1/350 "roma" IS a surprise!

somehow i'm very glad not to be a ship modeller! i would spend a fortune on all those 1/350 major vessels!

53Chevy wrote:
I spy the new Trump BMP-3s! I can't wait.

I really hope their BMP-3's don't turn into vaporware. IIRC, Trumpeter has been promising these kits for a couple of years. I had a preorder with Spruebrothers at one time for the BMP's. I have the Skif kit and a lot of AM for it; maybe if I build the thing, it will force Trumpeter to release their kits. :laugh: Still, I am looking forward to the BMP's and to that T-62 mod 1972 version. :woohoo:

The Academy Ontos looks tidy enough as does Trump's Soviet Tractor.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to build the USS Independence.

The Tamiya Tilly is going in the collection without doubt

I like seeing the 1:32 aircraft barrels. Those DaVinci models look very interesting!

Academy_10.jpg

moon puppy wrote:
Will someone one tell me what this is?

that's a class 119 destroyer of the bundesmarine called Z1, a former fletcher class destroyer of the u.s. navy - to be precise: USS Anthony!

she served 1958-1972 in the german navy and was sunk as torpedo target in 1979!

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Anthony_%28DD-515%29

Anyone care to say whether the destroyer is 1/72 or 1/144? :hmmm I think it's 1/144, but haven't Revell already released a 1/144 Fletcher class destroyer?

A 1:72 scale DD...it would be over 5 foot long. It would have to have some other support running the length I would think. That or sit in water! I didn't know there was a 1:144 scale either.

Though wouldn't it be impressive to see a DD parked next to a Gato in 1:72!

moon puppy wrote:
A 1:72 scale DD...it would be over 5 foot long. It would have to have some other support running the length I would think. That or sit in water! I didn't know there was a 1:144 scale either.

Though wouldn't it be impressive to see a DD parked next to a Gato in 1:72!

Start saving your money, and clearing lotttssssss of shelf space now Moon Puppy. It may not be a destroyer, but it's pretty close. This kit has been knocking around for about 30 years now. Originally under the Matchbox label. And yes. It's BIG :eek:hmy: .

revell_snowberry-box_20100207_1234276902.jpg

That is pretty impressive stuff huh?

Well how about this for those that have to hard a time seeing something as small as 1/72nd scale.

These guys actually sell do it yourself kits of destroyers in 1/48th scale :blink .

http://scaleshipyard.com/Catalog%20Pages/destroyers2.html

You would have to take Laurens Highway to the lake to find somewhere big enough to keep it ;) .

Gary B)

Yes it is impressive! Well, everything but the name...Snowberry? Doesn't strike fear and awe like some great ship names have in the past..Laurens Highway??? Someone been snoopin' around my back yard? :mpup

Back