• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"58 REPO"

modelguru

It has finally begun the "58 REPO" has been started. This idea has been rolling around in my head for a while .
018-10.jpg

016-13.jpg

Started stretching the frame . Not sure how much work i am gona put into this it may just be a curb side.

019-11.jpg

This is whats left of the donors......it looks line a scene from a bad chop shop movie.

020-10.jpg

This is just the initial rough in ......... the idea was originally a bit different , but i decided to just go wherever my twisted mind takes me and have fun. :geek

that thing to follow your twisted mind can be dangerous sometimes!! :D
But mostly it goes well :)
//Mats

Got more done last night. The trim was all removed and new trim was made also got a start on the rollback part . Hopefully will get some pics up tonight :bang head

here it is "bringin it on "
I got a little more work done last night well actuallt alot.
I didnt like any of the original trim except for that on the fender flare.......so i added to that to kinda do the evolution of a tri-5.
Most of the seams have been filled and sanded and started on the car carrier part........ there is no rhyme or reason I am just goin with the flow .......whatever the voices tell me I do ....LOL

003-27.jpg

I also added some new trim to the hood and fender tops

002-28.jpg

001-30.jpg

This is the new trim added to the hood everything else was removed and smoothed.

002-28.jpg

here is the new trim in place ......I thought whatb would the evolution of the 55 56 57 style trim look like .This is what I came up with , a inverted slightly reduced version.

001-30.jpg

The rear is starting to take shape ...... do you recognize what the rear rolled pan is

003-27.jpg

Glad to hear it Sherman....... sometimes I catch myself wondering what it would look like with a 75 mm main gun ....LOL

Even with a bum wrist the past couple of weeks . I still have managed to get some work done on the 58. The body work is mostly done and is in primer ......... there are a few spots to fix . Should have some pics soon.

Back