• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2S3 Early

Thanks Saul. Will get one of those also. I think the M1 and M2 were internal changes mostly. But they do have cammed paint schemes and so will be of visual interest to me.
James

Well, whadaya know? April release:

haf47946.jpg

Same CAD I was sent but in gray tones.

Regards,

Thanks everyone. Saul I looked on ebay but didnt see it. Will try again on weekend.
Got in a few minutes last night. Glued hull together and got some more of the tiny stuff on. I hope I can get more tonight and get to painting this weekend. This is a very straight forward kit, but full of tiny details.

DSC04518.JPG

DSC04520.JPG

DSC04521.JPG

So far the only fit issue has been where the spare tracks are. When I glued the hull together the tracks interfered with one of the track guard supports. I ended up trimming the support. Next time I'll glue hull all together before adding the extras and be able to see this before hand.

James

Got the itsy bitsy parts on and primer on the uppers.

DSC04525.JPG

DSC04524.JPG

DSC04523.JPG

DSC04522.JPG

Funny there are no tow cables and such. Paint next, then bort numbers and a lite weathering and its done.

James

Late to this thread, James, apologies. I think I clamboured over one of these at the Artillery Museum in St. Petersberg. The green tone fits right in with my memory, to me it looks like you 'nailed it' !!

Ian

Thanks guys. Yeah I like the shade of this green. It just seems right.
Okay I'm calling it done. I have a couple of areas the camera says to touch up. Lightly weathered and dusted and off it goes to work tomorrow. Oh wait I guess today.

DSC04564.JPG

DSC04565.JPG

DSC04566.JPG

DSC04567.JPG

James

Thanks guys. Yeah I like the shade of this green. It just seems right.
Okay I'm calling it done. I have a couple of areas the camera says to touch up. Lightly weathered and dusted and off it goes to work tomorrow. Oh wait I guess today.

DSC04564.JPG

DSC04565.JPG

DSC04566.JPG

DSC04567.JPG

James

Is that a big barrel or are you just glad to see me? :kiss: :woohoo:

Looks good James :coolio

LOL, Moon! That looks like one kickass gun, James- cheers! I think you've been hanging around with Tony again... ;)

Back