• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2S3 Early

jknaus

Administrator
Okay I guess I have to wait for more stuff to come in for my Leo, so I'll do this in the interim. A 2S3 152mm SPH. Should be straight out of the box.

DSC04482.JPG

DSC04481.JPG

DSC04479.JPG

James

Did some work on this.

DSC04508.JPG

DSC04507.JPG

Found that the collar for the gun had a nasty warp on top. I straightened it and when I installed I found it would not sit flush anyway I tried. So glued the top and held it (no place to clamp). After about 5 minutes I figured it would do. Left it for 4 hours and then glued the sides and bottom. You can see all the clamps I needed just to get it to sit flush.

DSC04506.JPG

And earlier I just dry fit it all together. Cool beans.

DSC04505.JPG

I am thinking of doing a Ukrainian vehicle. Anyone got good pics? I found a few on line but they are not easy to find.

James

Thanks Saul. I think I found that one or one close. I really dont know the difference between early and later models. Maybe I should just do an early green Russian one. Some of the detail on the kit is crude while other is fine. Case in pint there are scoops instead of glass prism blocks for the vision ports, yet the baskets for the lights are some of the best I have ever seen. Unfortunately the front armoured plate did not settle as I hoped. Pictures later.
James

Thanks Tony :) .
Well working on the tracks (anyone know how many per side??) and painted the lower hull. So as I snap track together I'll paint and detail this so I can go on to finishing the hull and then the turret.

DSC04509.JPG

DSC04510.JPG

DSC04511.JPG

DSC04512.JPG

James

Tracks done. 114 per side. Very easy to snap together and pretty strong. A bit boring to clean up, but not bad. Now to weather the bottom and finish with the top. Funny,how it looks painted to my eyes, but not in the pictures. Well we'll see what they look like after they get used up.

DSC04514.JPG

DSC04513.JPG

Coming together now.
James

James,

Trumpeter informed me that their late is coming to North America in September. Their late is actually a 2S3M with less doors on the rear hull and turret. I was sent some funky colored CAD which I can't decipher and don't have permission to publish.

Regards,

Back