• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2013 IPMS NATIONALS AFTER ACTION REPORT

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Well it's all done and no I didn't win a thing at least in the contest room. :coolio More on later! It was a really big show with 2300+ models on the contest tables. The armor categories took up three thirty foot tables. :blink There were airplanes as far as the eye could see. A traffic jam of cars and a whole fleet of ships. There were many figures and thirty feet of Sci-fi. Really more than a person could take in. The vendor's were in two very large rooms with all kinds of goodies new and used. The raffle was huge!! :dance Well let's get on with some pictures eh!

The Nationals were held in Loveland Colorado north of Denver at the John Q. Hammons conference center.

DSC00218.JPG

The contest room was huge!!

DSC09942.JPG

DSC09943.JPG

Sorry no pictures of the vendor's room, but I didn't want to torture you. :rotf

IPMS always puts on a "Make-n-Take" for the kids and this year the let the kids use airbrushes to paint their models if the wanted. Pretty neat eh! My kids took advantage of activities.

DSC00202.JPG

This gathering had a Modeler's Alliance invasion with no less than six in attendence.

DSC00203.JPG

In the picture are: back row: MrT(Terry), Sherman18(Jeff), Duke Maddog(Mark) Front row: Randy Ditton, Lepard2(Joe). Not pictured was Rhino one of our new members, but Randy or Mark has a picture with him in the group.

As I mentioned earlier the vendor rooms were full of really neat stuff new and used, however no one can get everything including me, but I did come away with a few things. First was a Amuising Hobbies Lepard tank kit.
It is smaller version the Panther tank.

DSC00220.JPG

DSC00221.JPG

Looks to be interesting! More on that later. :hmmm

Next was figure set from Master Box. Japanese Marines

DSC00222.JPG

This is final piece I needed for a diorama I have been planning. :coolio

And Finally while on my Saturday sweep for bargins and after hagling with a vendor I was able to come away with a Monogram 1/48 scale Me-410B.

DSC00225.JPG

For which I went straight to the CMK booth and purchased a cockpit set for.

DSC00227.JPG

But the real kicker came when I got back to the room and looked in the box and found two full Me-410 kits in the box. Damn now I have to get another cockpit.

I will post pictures of the models next so stay tuned.

Terry

Ok lets have some pictures! I am still uploading pictures, but will try to divide these up logically.

Axis Military Vehicles:

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00009.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00024.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC09970.JPG

DSC09971.JPG

DSC09982.JPG

DSC09998.JPG

DSC09999.JPG

there will be more!

Excellent pictures, looks like a great turn out.

I've never been to a nationals, but my hope it to go next year in VB.

Wheres the figure section Terrance ? :D

Hope you had a great time, the quality must have been exceptional for you not to come away with anything, were the contest rules First Second and Third ?

I much prefer Chicago rules where everything is judged on individual merit and not up against other people.

(y)

Great to see so many friends at one shot. Don't think there's been a gathering Alliance'rs that large before!

Need more bowling shirts (y)

Andy, yes, its 1st, 2nd & 3rd, judged against all entries in the category

Hope you had a great time, the quality must have been exceptional for you not to come away with anything, were the contest rules First Second and Third ?

I much prefer Chicago rules where everything is judged on individual merit and not up against other people.

The figures haven't been uploaded yet. Yes there was a lot fantastic models and many many modelers went home with no medals so I'm in good company. :rotf

Cool pictures. I'm still figuring out when I turned old. :pinch:

I took around 800 pictures at the show still trying to sort them out.

I still think the best part of the show was meeting everyone. What a good time.

Back