• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1929 Model A Roadster Hot Rod

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
This is my Dads car from 1958 to 1964, he built the car himself. First ran a flat head engine then ran and 312 T Bird engine.

DadsRoadster1958.png

DadsRoadster1960001.jpg

DadsRoadster1960002.jpg

DadsRoadster1960003.jpg

DadsRoadster1960004.jpg

DadsRoadster1960005.jpg

DadsRoadster1960006.jpg

DadsRoadster1988.jpg

Hi Sherman, I love your dads roadster. The first pic would be great blown up to poster size. I thing it's an awesome photograph.

Is the last two pics of the shell today?

Tim

Hi Sherman, I love your dads roadster. The first pic would be great blown up to poster size. I thing it's an awesome photograph.

Is the last two pics of the shell today?

Tim

Thanks Tim. The last two are from when I took it to replace my Sedan body and hoped to go faster at the drags with it. Still sitting on my chassis waiting for the time to come back. :unsure:

The "Red Coffin"? rather GRAVE name isn't it???

What's the status of the car now?

Dad named it the Red Coffin when he was building it into a A/SR drag class. It was going to be red and people kept telling him he was going to die in it someday. Never got it done. He bought a light wieght Galaxie and was having to much fun in it. I took the body and was going to do racing with it ut I never got that done. Dad now wants to get it back on the road as a full fendered Street Rod.

Funny you say GRAVE. There is a Graves in my family history Great grandmother's maiden name. Her uncle fought and died in the civil war for the south. We finally put in a grave marker for him a year ago. Her brother fought in WWI. I have his coffin flag.

May042009179.jpg

Salute Private Graves...I like the man already. Go ahead and get your SCV badge! Funny how quickly you can find out things given unit, company and name.

Back