• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

120mm British Airbourne

Ted

Here's the Dragon 1/16th scale British Airbourne Sergeant. I sculpted the beret with two part putty. I painted the face with oils over acrylic and the rest with Vallejo acrylics. Still lots of work to do, I have to tone down the camo and the brass bits. Overall I'm happy with the figure, the detail is great for a plastic figure.

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

Boy that is looking good Ted!
I love the detail on the jacket, and the colours really make it stand out.
nice work on the face too, and the putty beret looks bang-on ;)
Brad

Thanks Brad and Bob.

Here's the completed figure. The resin base is from rjproducts IIRC. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I want to do a few more 1/16 figures.

IMG_6947.jpg

IMG_6949.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

Oh wow B) ! What a super duper figure ! My first model was a Dragon 1/16th scale figure ! :)

Your figure is just superbly done Ted , love it !

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks Jenny! It would be fun to see photos of members' "first" models compared to what they build now, like a "Then and Now" gallery.

My local hobby shop has a few of these 1/16th Dragon and Miniart figures. The price is right so I'll probably get a couple more. Although the detail was good, the arms on this figure fit really badly but the others in the series look better.

Back