• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Starfleet Star fighter

Primed the fuselage to see where I need to do some more sanding. I didn't like the look of the control surfaces on the tail so I am going to sand them down also. I stared with a coarse sanding stick and will progressively go up in grits with my mini sander to 600 grit. Then I will prime and see where I stand.

IMG_2808_zpsptkfyg9i.jpg

IMG_2811_zpsbrposjd2.jpg

IMG_2810_zpsxjqef0fl.jpg

IMG_2809_zps29dmewfv.jpg

Thanks Ian.

Last progress update of the day. I took my sander and blended the area where the fuselage meets the tail.

IMG_2816_zpsy9niihxd.jpg

IMG_2817_zpsy4qwgeqz.jpg

I also started on the photon torpedoes. They are mounted on the kit's retractable missile rails.

IMG_2815_zps3cuhshv6.jpg

Neat sander, that a home made thing from an electric tooth brush?

It sure is. I found that the electric toothbrushes with just the round brush work best. The toothbrush also came with a flossing tip. Trying to figure out what I can make out of it.

Thanks guys. There was a slight gap at the point of the stabilizer. Hopefull I got it. This is why I like to prime gray. Get to see all the imperfections. I had a tough time finding my go to primer. Duplicolor changed the packaging and name of the light gray primer. Now it is called "sealer".

Thanks guys. There was a slight gap at the point of the stabilizer. Hopefull I got it. This is why I like to prime gray. Get to see all the imperfections. I had a tough time finding my go to primer. Duplicolor changed the packaging and name of the light gray primer. Now it is called "sealer".
:facepalm :frantic

Back