• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 RPM Mack AC

jeaton01

I've had this kit for quite some time and decided to build it while filler was drying on my Hasegawa B-47. I had some reservations about the kit's quality but much to my surprise it turned out to be well molded and very detailed. I would not be surprised if there were 90 parts used, with some left over for other versions to make the total parts count 102. One of the truck bed sides was short shot so I emailed RPM in Poland for another, in the meantime I shortened the part up to the next stake so I could keep going. It is pictured with a Revell 1/72 Camel I built in the 60's. Tamiya XF-56 was used for the WW I truck color. The Mack AC was called the Bulldog Mack by the British, possibly due to it's reliability and strength, associating it with the bulldog as the symbol of British character. The name stuck in postwar years and that is where the Bulldog hood ornament on all Mack trucks originated.

0011bdmack.jpg
0021bdmack.jpg
0031bdmack.jpg
0041bdmack.jpg
0051bdmack.jpg
0061bdmack.jpg
0071bdmack.jpg
0081bdmack.jpg

Back