• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Scale RPM Mack Truck

Duke Maddog

Even though there's only about seven weeks before this is over, I'm going to throw my hat in the ring with this model kit. It's the RPM Mack Truck in 1/72 scale and it should be a very fast and easy build.

Here's the start-up pics:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_I.jpg

Sprues and instructions still sealed in the bag:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_II.jpg

I didn't get too far yet, but I have the main cab done so far...

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_III.jpg

...and the engine all assembled:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_IV.jpg

Once I get the chassis done, this will fly.

Okay, that's my progress so far. Stay tuned, more to come. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Despite low mojo and excessive clumsiness making everything difficult lately, I decided to work on this truck some more. I started out by building the rear cargo bed for that. I couldn't go wrong there; after all it's just a box. Fortunately I was right:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_V.jpg

I then decided to do more with this. I assembled the chassis:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_VI.jpg

Once that was dry, I installed the cab and the dry-fit the cargo bed:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_VII.jpg

This one will be getting the tilt. I assembled the tilt and added it to the bed to see how it fit:

WIP_WWI_Campaign_2018_VIII.jpg

Not bad. This is gonna look good. I am now ready to paint this.

Hopefully soon I'll get this painted. Thanks for looking in. Comments are welcome.

It's really nice to see so many kits and figures being released that deal with The Great War aka WW1.

I like your Mack truck there Maddog.

Are you going to put it on a base of in a scene?

Pretty hard sometimes to believe that this November 11 will mark 100 years since the 1918 armistice came into effect.

Cheers

Thanks Tank! Right now it'll just stand alone. Maybe someday down the road it'll get a base. I hope to be able to pull out all my WWI vehicles and shoot a group shot of all of them. It's amazing how many of them there are.

Back