• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 IBG 917t Japanese truck

razordws

Hi Gents, haven't been around much as life has been busy. I finally sold my old house last month and I'm currently on the hunt for a new one in my new city. I'm looking forward to setting up a new workbench but it also means moving about 150 built models. They are currently in a storage locker and there has already been some carnage. I know some of you have moved in recent years and can relate.

It also meant closing an old email account that I didn't realize was tied to my account here. Had to wait for Bob to let me back in so I'm a little late getting started on this campaign.

Going with this IBG kit
Messenger_creation_9b09466e-de95-4bff-b6a7-71138c21a2c8.jpeg

Messenger_creation_913f8804-3534-4155-b9c8-ae8ea138235e.jpeg

Thanks John. Far enough, about a 9 hour drive. I actually moved almost 2 years ago when I got remarried. I kept the house till now for my youngest son who was still in school.

Hey Dave you made it back in. Sorry for the delay it getting your message, I don't check that admin account often. Looks like a good pick. :soldier

Moving is such a pain in the butt south end. I remember my father tossing out all my models when they moved while I was in college. Good luck finding a new place (make sure you have plenty of room!)

A bit of an update. Cab is not fully glued together or to the frame. I'm always a little worried about these IBG kits as they are complicated for this scale and don't have very good locating points for assembly but so far this one is going together smoothly.

...and yes, I probably just jinxed myself. 😅

Messenger_creation_9c877b64-4bad-49ac-872e-e3efee5b1e51.jpeg

These tiny trucks can look so good, but it can be such a pain to build them.

So far so good Dave! Keep on keeping on.

Dave, what a thrill it is to see your work again! This is magnificent! I feel you on IBG kits; especially their trucks. I've done quite a few of them for my collection so I know what you're going through.

Thanks guys!
Plugging along on this. I didn't prime before painting and the paint rubs off pretty easy. I'll have to touch it up before clear coating. Just have the windows and a couple little bits to add before weathering.

Messenger_creation_7e57314f-a51f-4f8a-b9cc-2af72ca21b29.jpeg
Messenger_creation_a4e31a15-eec2-4944-945e-3b85fbd12e50.jpeg
Messenger_creation_1683fbff-1425-4700-9bce-0a35fff3eb80.jpeg

Back