• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Dragon F4F-4 Wildcat

nerdling

I'll be building the Dragon 1/72 Wildcat. It is basically a reboxed Hasegawa kit with an extra sprue to do folded wings.

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416-1.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

I'll be using a CMK armament set, True Details interior, Starfighter Decals, and Quickboost Stabilizers, as wells as an Eduard mask and possible True Details wheels.

More to come in the following days. :geek

Now that Christmas is over I have finally started on this bird. Everything about this kit is great. This is the first time I've done any major surgery to a kit.

Picture010-3.jpg

The tiny little engine all painted and ready to go

Picture007-1.jpg

True Details Instrument Panel. I tried to paint the needles but some were just to small

Picture004-3.jpg

Shot of the True Details Cockpit. The detail in this is incredible

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

All the aftermarket bits in the tubby fuselage.

Oh man that's cool! It just drops in as a plug. I like how they have the intercoolers in place. so often they are completely omitted from a kit. :popcorn

Very very cool. Something I tried before for very small instruments was to paint the face white. Then when dry put a wash of black in and let it dry. The highlites stayed white while the low points where now black. Looking forward to more (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Here is a quick update. I'm fairly happy with it so far except for the starboard wing has a bulge in it I didn't notice until The tenax had dried :angry:

Picture014-2.jpg

Picture016-2.jpg

The quickboost tail surfaces. These things are so easy to use.

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Port normal wing

Picture019.jpg

My screw up. What was strange is it closed up just fine and I sanded the wing inside as well as the gun bay until you could see through it. :angry: Oh well nothing I can do now.

I just finished her up last night. I used some Starfighter Decals. They are great decals by the way. This was the first time I have ever used stretched sprue. I finished her in the markings of Machinist Mate D.E. Runyon's plane from VF-6 aboard the USS Enterprise in August of 1942.

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2482-1.jpg

My trusty helper Red Baron. I love how he is sitting in a wildcat box.

IMG_2483.jpg

He decided plastic tastes good, I really need to vacuum by the way.

Thanks guys. Saul now that it is finished I don't see it either. I was just being my own worst critic I think lol.

Back