• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 DeHavilland FB.5 Vampire Done Needs Decals

Heller Humbrol 1/72 De Havilland FB.5 Vampire

Ok ..... I will .... I've made some progress this morning ....

h3adbed5.JPG

I spent yesterday Morning cleaning up my Ex-builds that were all over the bench .....

h02beebf.JPG

In goes the pit .... I also installed engine exhaust .....

h7ec29bd.JPG

hf8a9713.JPG

Painted the IP and installed the Same ......

h99e083c.JPG

ha0a70ed.JPG

I drilled gun ports looks so much better .....

h71a3de3.JPG

h2ad9868.JPG

Looks like crap but .... Did I ever say I like 1:72 ???

hab7c1d2.JPG

h4fbbd3e.JPG

hd95644c.JPG

I have attached the wings .... just waiting for glue cohesion ...... :soldier :pilot

Wings are dry ..... Time for more .....

h5762d0c.JPG

Booms on ..... Drying as I type .....

hd9be57d.JPG

Putty's on not too much of a Queen ......

hdec4884.JPG

Shouldn't be hard to finish now ...... I forgot the nose weight ..... Dern .... :good:

Dont hold-back on rubbing down on the fuselage nacelle. They were wood construcion and virtually devoid of panels.

Keep it going.

Ian.

@ Dave .... That's all you can say after your epic 10 day challenge fail ..... :fencing

@ MP Thanks Man I'm loving this thing already watching a 1:32 Trumpy on eBay .... Get My ribbon ready !!!

@ Ian Thanks for the info nothing In read said they were made from wood .... I guess then the only panel lines would be the flaps .... :good:

@ Dave .... That's all you can say after your epic 10 day challenge fail ..... :fencing
Thats true I am just glad I could finish it before the month was over. That and that my eyes have finaly settled down.

Still rooting for yah :geek

Ok ..... I've made Progress the fuse is looking good all sanded smooth ready for paint ..... I was gonna use Alclad II Aluminum .... But Weather is Too Bad Here in Texas 24 degrees in March & snowing ??? What's up with that ?? And yes Dave I know its hot in Efrica ... You don't have to rub it in ..... Cides us Texans have heaters & Air Conditioners in our Houses & Cars .... :fencing

Ok nothing out of Dave so I'll show you some more stuff She's Coming together just wait for the struts to dry .... gear door & a canopy ..... then I'll claim it's done ....

hf32fbd3.JPG

hf45cd68.JPG

hdb6c738.JPG

hf8cae53.JPG

I have about 10 slipt-shot in the nose so she should stand on three legs ......

Did I say I don't like 1:72 ? ...... Well Did I ??? ..... :frantic :soldier :pilot

Looking good Gerry (y)

Sorry I could not comment earlier I was outside We went mountain climbing and swimming today then mowed the lawn when I came back ( I hate mowing the lawn)

Looking good Gerry (y)

Sorry I could not comment earlier I was outside We went mountain climbing and swimming today then mowed the lawn when I came back ( I hate mowing the lawn)

Well that's one thing about winter in Texas We have white grass right now ...... And when the sun comes out it goes away ..... :fencing

1/72 DeHavilland FB.5 Vampire Done- Needing Decals

Ok thanks Paul & MP for the reprieve ..... I was gonna ask if it was Ok to not haven't the decals on Yet ..... But I can finish now .... with the extra time ..... :notworthy ..... I Have put on decals for awhile Now .... But It's done except the paint needs touched up ...... I was trying for a NMF ..... And I might get it with some more work ......

hacdee8e.JPG

h80afb5c.JPG

h05aa8e5.JPG

h8828eda.JPG

hcf08baf.JPG

h8819815.JPG

haa2f685.JPG

hc817943.JPG

h3fa446e.JPG

She's built ..... ready for decals but I want to try one thing to the paint just ..... getting every little piece on this thing was a job ..... and the are some major gaps ..... Dave made Me nervous & that my story ...... :eek:ldguy My fingers are just too Big ..... :soldier :pilot I'll have to buff that paint .... I just brush painted it the camera shows every where that needs work so I'm on it .... :coolio

Nicely done! Should look good with the decals on!

(y)

Gerry we're leaving the Micro Month open till Monday so git'er done.

:popcorn

Thanks Guys for the extension ..... Thanks for the well wishes .... I'll be working this afternoon ....

Back