• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 U-2C

Gator

Building the Testors' U-2C. I've added some simple details to the cockpit and a bulkhead to hold the exhaust. The kit comes with NASA decals as well as the USAF markings. I'm hoping to get to work on it some more Friday.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014 (1).jpg

IMG_1048 (1).jpg

I don't know how fresh your decals are so I can offer you a scheme from my AFV Club U-2D kit (if interested):

1611765850592.png

Regards,

Bob, every week Southwest Louisiana progresses. I haven't been to DeQuincy, 13 miles to our north, but if they are like Sulphur and Lake Charles, everything is progressing very well. Lower Cameron Parish was virtually wiped off the map, again. You can't navigate without GPS. The citizens here are rebuilding or repairing, still a lot of tarped roofs though even with at least two dozen roof contractors in the area. The debris pick-up companies are making their last passes. All of our debris including the demoed mobile home was picked up a few weeks ago, no questions asked. Most of the stores are open. Some have gone from gutted buildings to re-opening in record time.

We are now going back and forth with SBA and FEMA to get the exact square footage we can purchase with the loan. The SBA case manager, they call them general contractors, is being very helpful. FEMA contacted us today about getting temporary housing moved on to our lot. Renee and I talked and are going to let them put a travel trailer there to kind of serve as a field office while we work at the lot when we move forward. As of right now, my sister's in-laws say that there is no end date we have to be out of their dad's mobile home where we are staying. It is nice to have our weekends to relax again.

Progress hit a snag this past weekend. When ever we have a massive hurricane blow through, regardless of the time of year the plants and trees start to bloom and blossom. Also, whatever funky plants it picked up along the way gets deposited here. My allergies have been going nuts! Taking Sudafed and Zyrtec. Fortunately everything seems to be leveling out now. Gonna work on it at lunch today.

Back