• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya F-14A

Paulw

I put the F-104 up for bit, no sense in rushing it to completion. I pulled this out after a couple of day pondering on what would be next on the plate. All of the real good reviews about how well it goes together I liked. Well to get to the point, so far so good. It took about two days of squinting through a really poor set of magnifiers and a shaved down tooth pick I finally got most of all the switches done, I went as far as getting everything in the nose section assembled. Yayyy me.

h7146f6e.JPG

he7431d0.JPG

h7fb73f7.JPG

h7e0c9f4.JPG

h7357f3c.JPG

I was told how just about everything snaps together, well not so much snapping together but fitting real well.

The nose section went together like a jug saw puzzle.

hc0ed27d.JPG

ha0ea200.JPG

had55bc1.JPG

As far as livery goes I have no idea what I'll do. I saw some neat decals on Sprue Bros.

Hello, John. Nice to see you here.

I have been having some difficulty with my camera equipment so please bear with me.

Continuing on with this I am pretty chuffed about how well this is going together. So far no gaps or steps, no sink marks and all the ejector pin marks are where you cant see them.

I finished up a big part of the fuselage, installed the intakes and got the pivot assembly all put in..

Speaking of intakes, they are separated angularly. This makes it hard to see any seams in the intake plenum.
They snap together and a little cement on the outside seams and you are set.
I can't express how much I enjoy this kit.

No gaps here and the cabin part of the fuselage snaps into the wing section with no problems.

h8f7c4ad.JPG

The wing section has inserts that support the wings, no slop here.

he3cb678.JPG

And you may expect gaps between the intakes and the fuselage but a real tight fit ia all you will get here.

h5b95a4f.JPG

ha803af0.JPG

I will order the decals tomorrow and now I can hardly wait to get this all gussied up and ready for the dance.

It has been a few days since I did anything to the Tomcat but I did manage to get the landing gear done. All the parts just fell together almost.

h98f14e6.JPG

haf02a57.JPG

I then assembled the mid section which contains the swing mechanism. The spars that make up the wing and the top and lower half of that fuselage section. Attached it to the fon part of the fuselage and masked the canopies.

h5d309b5.JPG

h3ca54ab.JPG

hfcde72c.JPG

And finally the burner cans.

hdbdc6ea.JPG

h3d04d96.JPG

I ordered some decals for F-14As of Desert Storm. I hope they turn up soon.

Well, my decals came in today. Unfortunately they were 32 scale. If anybody had a 32 F-14A please let me know as I would hate to see these go to waste. They are Fighter town VF-24 Renegades last rage.

Back