• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Skyraider...Finished

1/48 Skyraider...Decals

An update.

Once the gloss began to fly I decided to keep it going.

Same process as with the Kingfisher. Do need to say that the decals are nasty. They shattered and tore very easily. Took a bit to get them on.

Decals-1_zpsgxy0saeq.jpg

Decals-2_zpsk5rcz7xq.jpg

Decals-3_zpscvnpcwyu.jpg

Decals-4_zps62mry4hj.jpg

Weathering will be next.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

1/48 Skyraider...Staining

Many thanks.

This update will start off with a bit of dry brushing to tone down the decals a bit. Once done I moved on to a bit of staining. I wanted to give it a bit of life but not to overdo the effect. My focus was on the nose with just a bit of staining on the wing and main body of the fuselage.

Staining-2_zpsusyl59li.jpg

Staining-1_zpsncgirwjq.jpg

Just a few close ups of the nose.

Staining-3_zpsqbd3taas.jpg

Staining-5_zpsgspuppgf.jpg

Staining-4_zps8s5xrhg0.jpg

With this to this point now I can move on to adding some of the little detail parts not yet attached.

All comments, critiques, and criticism are encouraged.

Joe

Joe , I realize that the paints faded in Vietnam but that second green does not look like it was ever anything but beige....

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks like a Sandy to Me Joe ... So lay it in on Me I'm puffin smoke ... Wow great paint!!! :drinks (y) :pilot

Joe , I realize that the paints faded in Vietnam but that second green does not look like it was ever anything but beige....

Cheers, Christian B)

To be honest I know nothing of this era bird. I went by the instructions and used Olive Drab for the second green.

Joe

Back