• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Scale Academy F-4C Niagara Falls ANG

Skinny_Mike

Hello everyone!

Here is my thread for the Things We Love Campaign. And here is my explanation of why this kit:

I grew up north of Buffalo, New York, basically in the shadow of Niagara Falls AFB. One of the first airplane memories I have is seeing the F-4 Phantoms of the NY Air National Guard from NF AFB flying overhead. I moved away from Buffalo almost 15 years ago, but still call it home, so for me the F-4 symbolizes home and all those great memories. :love

nf-f-4c.jpg

The kit I plan to build is the Academy F-4C, using the Speed Hunter Graphics “USAF Phantom MIG Killers Part II” which has markings for F-4C, 64-0660 from the 107th Fighter Interceptor Group, NY ANG, Niagara Falls AFB in 1985, wearing 3 red stars for MIG kills during the Vietnam War. The aircraft above is 63-7451, a second MIG killer they had at Niagara Falls at the same time.

Post_1_1~2.jpg

This build will have a ton of aftermarket. Here is an overall photo. I have a set of XMM Intakes on the way as well.

Post_1_2~2.jpg

Here’s the list:
Aires Cockpit
Aires Wheel Bays
Quickboost Martin Baker Mk 7 Ejection Seats
Hypersonic Models 370 Gallon Fuel Tanks
Hypersonic Models Canopy Detail Set
Hypersonic Models corrected Air Scoops
Eduard Brassin Wheels
Eduard Masks
Wolfpack Exhausts
Wolfpack SUU-23 Gun Pod

Post_1_3~1.jpg

Post_1_4~1.jpg

Post_1_5~0.jpg

The load out will be the standard alert status for ANG aircraft in the early 80’s, SUU-23 gun pod on the centerline and 2 AIM-9J sidewinders. I might add a couple sparrows and 2 more winders, but I’ll decide when I get there.

I’ll get a dated startup photo on the 1st and like most of my current builds this will start slow but end in a flurry!

Thanks for stopping in!
Mike

D*mn this looks to be fantastic. I was 'this close' to doing my F-4K/FG.1 for this campaign.

Ian.

How did I already lose a week! Geez. Well, no progress to report, but here is my dated start up photo anyway. Took it over the weekend and forgot to post it.

Post_2_1~4.jpg

Post_2_2~3.jpg

See you soon! Hopefully with some progress!

Mike

Well guys, its time to bite the proverbial bullet here. I haven't even started the F-4 so obviously I am not going to finish this campaign. Been a very crazy year for me personally and I just have not been able to find a lot of time at the bench. :bang head I am disappointed in myself because this campaign was my suggestion in the first place. :blush:

I've been going through the shelf of doom and found I have just so many kits in work, plus you guys keep coming up with more great campaigns that I want to join so when I do get some bench time, I am just not focused. I made a huge mistake on my P-47 for just that reason. This F-4C build is near and dear to my heart for the reasons I stated in the opening post and I really want to make sure I can focus and give this build the attention it deserves. As a result this is going to the back burner for a while.

Skinny Mike

Mike I'll move the thread to Wesendorf Field, you pick it up when you get the time to get on it. :popcorn

Back