• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell Spitfire Mk II

dollar19

So I wanted to have some fun, no stress and no big deal if it turns out crappy. I'm looking through the stash and there it is! So with no fuss and nothing but a brush and a couple of bottles of paint I started on this today. I don't even know why I'm posting this build, this is just for me and my little Emil that's up on the shelf with no one to play with.

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

I'll post some more pics as it progresses.... and Gary I haven't forgotten our Hurricane BB! Hollar out when your ready!

Thanks guys. I'm liking this just for the heck of it build.

The wings are on now and the fit is so so. The interior framing at the bottom of the IP was a little long, making the lower wing sit too low. I had to go back and de bond the wings and cut the frame back some and re glue the wings.... thus the mess around the joint.

I got some clean up to do!

Picture003.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Looking good. Bummer about the frame work. Shouldnt be too hard to make it unnoticeable. (y) (y) (y)
:popcorn :D
James

Re: 1/48 Revell Spitfire Mk II FINISHED at last!

Well I think I have it sorted out. Lots of filler and clean-up but for my money it's passable.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture001-2.jpg

Another revival of one of my long suffering back log of unfinished kits.

Done at long last.

spitfire001.jpg

spitfire002.jpg

spitfire003.jpg

spitfire004.jpg

spitfire005.jpg

spitfire006.jpg

spitfire007.jpg

you know what to do.

Back