• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hasegawa B6N2

sharkman

Master at Arms
I'm going to build this one alongside the B7A Grace. Got this at my club meeting just before Christmas for $25. It was missing the torpedo but I have some nice extra ones, and 1/2 the decals were missing. I have another one in the stash but have been wanting to build one for a while.

IMG_4862.JPG

Just started assembling the pit. Like the B7A, the fit and detail is wonderful. Hope to get some paint on it soon!

IMG_4863.JPG

Lovely kit...

I'll never get one; the ex's name was Jill and the memories, even after 40 years, are too brutal... :coolio2:

Lots of interesting airplane stuff in this one! Fuchida Mitsuo would approve!! :vgood:
Among "Serious Modelers" there has been much debate about the interior color of IJN aircraft. How did you choose which color to use on yours?

Chris, I have a few of the "Maru Mechanic" books and use them as a guide, then it is just Tamiya XF-71 Cockpit green with a base coat of flat black.

I'm not that picky! :bigrin:

Got the wash in the pit and assembled the fuselage last evening. I am very impressed with the fit of this kit! Hasegawa really hit the mark with this molding!

7.jpg

8.jpg

Just starting on the wing tips, I'm going to make this one a folded wings bird and am thinking I'll attach a bomb and make it a kamikaze aircraft

1.jpg

Like #9 on this image, yellow 131-56

B6N2.png

Back